ADVERTISEMENT

Lafayette wraps up Region A top seed 13-3

Lafayette

VaPreps All District
Aug 26, 2001
Tough D by both teams but I honestly think with 3 games in the last 8 days the offense, especially the O line simply looked tired and sluggish. No team should really be asked to play that much in a week. Next game in only 4 days but against winless Grafton. Then a normal schedule!!

Reactions: VAHSFootballFan
This was the fourth game in twelve days for both Poquoson and Lafayette, so both teams were probably equally as tired.

This was the fourth game in twelve days for both Poquoson and Lafayette, so both teams were probably equally as tired.
I though both teams offenses were not at 100% at all. Our Warhill game less than 4 days ago was a full 48 minute physical war. It showed today. Best of luck to the Islanders in the playoffs. My only recommendation would be to improve that punting!!!

I wonder if the lack of time to implement and practice a specific game plan is as big if not more of problem than the number of games.
I would say yes. For our Warhill game we had only one day to prepare after the Jamestown game (Monday) and then 3 days for Poquoson (Wednesday-Friday) with the Warhill game requiring the starters the whole time. Whoa!

Reactions: VAHSFootballFan
Definitely. Too many shanked punts. Good luck to Lafayette as well in the post season. I think they have a great shot at winning a state championship this year.

Is no #5 layette’s regular punter
We’ve punted so few times this year I don’t think we have a “regular” punter. He is our top RB. I’m not sure how he got the punting job. In most games we never punt. Linn has gone on 4 th Down 90% of the time. Once even on our own 35 yard line! On Poquoson’s 35 and 4th and 4 he punted. I was shocked. Lafayette never ever punts on 4 th down past the 50 yard line. First time in years. That tells me HC Linn also thought the offense was worn out from the schedule. Lafayette punted more times against Poquoson than all other opponents combined. Unusual game!

Is no #5 layette’s regular punter
We’ve punted so few times this year I don’t think we have a “regular” punter. He is our top RB. I’m not sure how he got the punting job. In most games we never punt. Linn has gone on 4 th Down 90% of the time. Once even on our own 35 yard line! On Poquoson’s 35 and 4th and 4 he punted. I was shocked. Lafayette never ever punts on 4 th down past the 50 yard line. First time in years. That tells me HC Linn also thought the offense was worn out from the schedule. Lafayette punted more times against Poquoson than all other opponents combined. Unusual game!
I was just shock that he was punting, he didn’t seem to have punting technique so that explains it, If he never punts during games I guess he no regular punter

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT