ADVERTISEMENT

LIVE Updates - Oscar Smith (8-1) at King's Fork (8-1)

On 1st & 10 from own 35 with 5:06 to go, King's Fork mysteriously takes a deep shot. Pass unable to be hauled in by Bobby Boone with two defenders covering. They go to Bobby Boone again on a screen, but appears we have a holding that will bring it back.

I'd run the ball, but that's just me...

2nd & 20 now at own 25 for King's Fork.

Shy'keem Hussey 11-yard punt return. So Oscar Smith takes over at own 45. The Tigers trail King's Fork 21-16 in front of a hostile crowd here in Suffolk with 3:58 to play.

Will the streak get to 100 or snap at 99? Stay tuned...

1st & 10 from own 45 - Cam Kelly loses 6 on the run. Credit Bulldogs LB Bryan Walker for his 7th tackle - 3rd for loss.

2nd & 16 from own 39 - Kelly gets the hand off, could've busted it for a huge run, but LB/S T.J. Hart with a critical stop. Time-out with 3:05 left. 3rd & 11 coming.

I'm speechless. It looked like Brooks would be sacked on the play, but somehow, some way he escaped, rolled right and found a wide open Brandon Brock for a TD.

Brock had just 6 catches for 103 and 1 TD on the season before that catch of a lifetime.

Here's video of it courtesy of Kyle Hampson from the Pilot...

Last edited:
King's Fork starts at their own 25-yard line with 2:08 to go.

1st & 10 = incomplete. 2nd & 10 = Justin German pass for 10 yards to Sam Dunn.

1st & 10 own 35 - offsides. 1st & 5 own 40 = incomplete. 2nd & 5 = Sam Dunn gain of 7.

1st & 10 own 47. Darran Butts gets 0. 2nd & 10 own 47, Bulldogs burn first time-out with 1:36 remaining.

2nd & 10 from own 47 is broken up by Oscar Smith DB Marrio Smith.

3rd & 10 pass from own 47 is nearly picked by Smith LB Malcolm Britt.

4th & 10 from own 47 with 1:26 to go.

Last edited:

What a play by German and a terrific job by Joe to not only make the grab, but continue to run and thick 6 instead of only moving the chains.

Bulldogs call time-out after the TD and unsportsmanlike penalty that they were flagged on following the score. They are thinking about going for 2. KF leads it 27-23 with 1:14 to go as we wait for the PAT or 2-point try.

Watch the Video of the amazing TD courtesy of Kyle Hampson from the Pilot below...

Last edited:

This game has been an instant classic, worth reliving for years to come... and we still have more football to play. Overtime anyone? I wouldn't mind it... this one has been wild in the final few minutes.

Great defense in the first half. Outstanding offense in the 2nd half. Huge 4th down conversions.

Justin German is now 17 of 28 for 325 passing yards, 2TD's. Remember, this is an Oscar Smith defense that gave up just 27 points total in the previous 8 Southeastern District games combined.

King's Fork was pushed back 15 yards on that penalty for the kick-off, so they are booting it away from their own 25.

1st & Goal from KF 4 - Oscar Smith fumbles the handoff. Keshon Artis recovers it for the Tigers, but it's a loss of 3.

2nd & Goal from KF 7 - Devin Chambliss with a tackle for loss on the run play by Smith. Lost 6.

3rd & Goal from KF 13 with 16 seconds to go with I think 1 time-out left. Gain of 2. Another huge stop by T.J. Hart.

4th & Goal from KF 11 with 11 seconds left.

Great pressure in the face of Smith QB Dominique Brooks as that front four and others got after him on the pass.

This place is going wild. One of the craziest finishes to a High School Football game in all my years of coverage.

See the final play, which Kyle Hampson of the Pilot and 757 Teamz was able to capture from the sidelines...

Last edited:
Absolutely amazing.
KF certainly just served notice to the entire 4A state title contenders....

This playoff season is going to be great.

Absolutely amazing.
KF certainly just served notice to the entire 4A state title contenders....

This playoff season is going to be great.

I think KF has to be a favorite to get to the final at WM.
Right now Lafayette would have to beat DC and KF at home just to get to semi. As positive as I would want be that’s near impossible.

Reactions: gwb16
I think KF has to be a favorite to get to the final at WM.
Right now Lafayette would have to beat DC and KF at home just to get to semi. As positive as I would want be that’s near impossible.
I'm with you. Smithfield has been playing solid football after our loss to your Rams, but I seriously doubt we have enough to make a deep playoff run. It'll be fun to watch regardless.

I'm with you. Smithfield has been playing solid football after our loss to your Rams, but I seriously doubt we have enough to make a deep playoff run. It'll be fun to watch regardless.
My uncensored opinion is Lafayette would be victimized by KF passing attack like OS and their offense simply would not score nearly enough against the KF defense, the passing attack needed is not strong enough. And that’s if they could get by DC who played KF fairly even.

1st & Goal from KF 4 - Oscar Smith fumbles the handoff. Keshon Artis recovers it for the Tigers, but it's a loss of 3.

2nd & Goal from KF 7 - Devin Chambliss with a tackle for loss on the run play by Smith. Lost 6.

3rd & Goal from KF 13 with 16 seconds to go with I think 1 time-out left. Gain of 2. Another huge stop by T.J. Hart.

4th & Goal from KF 11 with 11 seconds left.

Wow - what a stand by KF!

Reactions: gwb16
ADVERTISEMENT