ADVERTISEMENT

Sherando Linebacker Rivers Commits To Penn State

VerizonSportsFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 2, 2003
Rivers said in a phone interview Monday that he essentially made up his mind in September to make State College, Pa., the place for him to continue his education and football career. That was when Rivers made his fourth trip to Penn State and attended the Nittany Lions’ game against San Diego State on Sept. 26.

Rivers — who has scholarship offers from 14 schools — didn’t want to rush his decision. But after talking it over with his family, he decided there was no reason to delay the inevitable.

“I just realized that Penn State was the best fit for me,” said the 6-foot-3, 225-pound Rivers, who must wait until February of 2017 to sign his national letter of intent. “I love the atmosphere, the coaches and the players, and Penn State showed me a lot of love and made me feel wanted. They said I was their No. 1 linebacker for the [class of 2017].”

Scout.com has Rivers ranked as Virginia’s No. 1 outside linebacker for the class of 2017 and a four-star recruit (ESPN and 247 Sports also rank Rivers as a four-star recruit). Scout.com also ranks him as the No. 14 outside linebacker nationally. Rivers is ranked as the No. 16 outside linebacker nationally and the No. 9 overall prospect in Virginia by 247 Sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT