ADVERTISEMENT

Snow for state games

wikki

VaPreps All State
Oct 21, 2001
when will they play game if it snows next Saturday like they are calling for?

Depends on who’s playing it could possibly be moved or they can play it Sunday if it turns out not to be too bad.

It would have to be a significant storm like last time. 1-3" won't likely cancel the games especially with temperatures in the upper 30s. You're right about Sunday being the make up day.

It's still 8 days out or so, but the underground weather stuff is calling for the potential for a major snowstorm. One projection I looked at last night was talking possibility of like a foot in central and southside VA.....but with it being so long range it could definitely change.

It's still 8 days out or so, but the underground weather stuff is calling for the potential for a major snowstorm. One projection I looked at last night was talking possibility of like a foot in central and southside VA.....but with it being so long range it could definitely change.
D5 and D6 are in Hampton and it’s only calling for rain and 45*. Not sure about the other 2 sights,but The 757 looks good to go. They played on Sunday last year.

I would think Lynchburg and Salem are in the path...and not sure teams traveling for the D5/D6 title game.

I would think Lynchburg and Salem are in the path...and not sure teams traveling for the D5/D6 title game.
I was thinking,if the fields out west are unplayable,move them to W&M or NSU,or Even Hampton on Sunday. I know that’s a long ride for some,but at least it would be a playable field. Just a thought!

I was thinking,if the fields out west are unplayable,move them to W&M or NSU,or Even Hampton on Sunday. I know that’s a long ride for some,but at least it would be a playable field. Just a thought!
Forecast next Saturday in Williamsburg area is a high of 46 and some rain showers- 50%.

Last edited:
In '89 HSHS vs W. POTOMAC was rescheduled the next week and played it @ Old Dominion University instead of Richmond City Stadium.

Salem civic center will have the field ready for the games. Only issue will be the roads.

Roads leading into and around LU are usually not a problem, Lynchburg does do a good job on the main streets. I'm wondering if they wont have off site parking and shuttle busses as i would recomend that instead of parking on campus which is a nightmare. I'll ask around and post about it if i get any info.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT