Votes: 46 82.1%
  • Kettle Run 14-0

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
12-1 KG
12-2 Heritage
10-2 Dale
9-3 Hanover
Absolutely NOTHING mediocre about those teams. Warwick fans thought Dinwiddie didn’t play anyone either……. Lol We struggled in 1 game against Top 10 team in the State. I’d like to see any Division 4 contender play our schedule and come out 10-0 then play the schedule we played in the playoffs and still make it here. The Central District is no pushover Matoaca Hopewell Dale & Petersburg could leave the Central and goto certain districts and finish 9-1. Region 4B is the best Region Top to Bottom in Division 4 been that way since 2017. This starting to sound like 2013 all over again (Sorry Sherando guys)
Records don’t mean a ton. Who’d they beat? King George is the only top shelf team and they took them to the brink. Schedule is above average at best. Dinwiddie is top shelf I’m not saying they’re not.

Last edited:
Exactly what is the point of talking about their schedule? To disrespect the teams that they played?

The game will be settled tomorrow. No reason to talk down about the other teams they have played.

The Dinwiddie posters have been nothing but cordial, complimentary, and not said a thing negative.

3A state finalist lost to them by 42 and that's apparently not good because *checks notes* that team's "best win" is the state-semifinalist just beaten by the state finalist they're defending which is *checks notes* that state finalist's "best win".

Dinwiddie didn't climb a mountain to make it to state this year, certainly not in comparison to Freedom or HS or even Heritage but at +18 for opponent's W/L it stands markedly superior to KR's -2.
Well their power points say their schedule was stronger soooo why we even responding to any statement that says otherwise.

Calpreps prediction
Dinwiddie 42
Kettle Run 26
Giving Dinwiddie 86% chance of winning

We all carry on mess, justify and vilify, to prove our points. We speculate, calculate, simulate, and argue until the cows come home, and then some.

But here we are. Two darn good teams taking the field at 4:30 tomorrow to play their hearts out and try to win the game of their young lives.

And we, the ”all knowing and all seeing” of the high school football world get to sit back and enjoy a wonderfully entertaining sporting event…, TOGETHER.

So forget everything that has been said and let’s truly enjoy watching our kids make memories that will last a lifetime.

We all carry on mess, justify and vilify, to prove our points. We speculate, calculate, simulate, and argue until the cows come home, and then some.

But here we are. Two darn good teams taking the field at 4:30 tomorrow to play their hearts out and try to win the game of their young lives.

And we, the ”all knowing and all seeing” of the high school football world get to sit back and enjoy a wonderfully entertaining sporting event…, TOGETHER.

So forget everything that has been said and let’s truly enjoy watching our kids make memories that will last a lifetime.
Good luck to your Generals and all the teams playing tomorrow. If results go according to form/prediction I think it will be an indication Virginia would be better suited with 3 classifications as opposed to 6.

Well their power points say their schedule was stronger soooo why we even responding to any statement that says otherwise.
Exactly! I never understood why people engage in the whole "weak schedule" talk when the current VHSL Rating system is literally based on strength of schedule. The team with the higher rating played the tougher schedule, thus they have a higher rating. Perfect example, when KR and Glass played, Glass was 12-1 and KR was 13-0 but Glass hosted because they had a higher regular season rating because their 1 loss was to 8-2 Heritage. A loss to an 8 win team is better than a win vs a 3 or 4 win team.

Exactly! I never understood why people engage in the whole "weak schedule" talk when the current VHSL Rating system is literally based on strength of schedule. The team with the higher rating played the tougher schedule, thus they have a higher rating. Perfect example, when KR and Glass played, Glass was 12-1 and KR was 13-0 but Glass hosted because they had a higher regular season rating because their 1 loss was to 8-2 Heritage. A loss to an 8 win team is better than a win vs a 3 or 4 win team.

Not better Rating wise.

I will use your example here. Ill use 4a for it

Win vs. a 3 win team (lowest of 2) is 28 points. 22 and 6.

A loss vs. an 8 win team is 18.

But yes, the rest is simple, especially when factoring in undefeated vs. 1 loss. It comes from a CUMULATIVE of playing better teams. As just the difference there is 1 rating point higher. And seeing that Glass finished 1 over even after the loss, that means in reality Glass schedule was 14 wins better (10 that they finished above KR, and 18 point difference in Heritage outcome).

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I would say King George is better than anyone KR played. Guess we are just going to ignore Heritage? They are as good as anyone KR played. I think your just looking to stir the pot.
I would say King George is better than anyone KR played. Guess we are just going to ignore Heritage? They are as good as anyone KR played. I think your just looking to stir the pot.
If that's the case. Who did anyone beat?
High

I’m not trying to stir any pot. Someone said because Dinwiddie beat Dale, Heritage, Hopewell, etc they were going to demolish KR. I looked up all their schedules and the biggest win from them all was Glass and Patrick Henry Ashland. I said and standby it didn’t prove his point. I never said KR had a hard schedule but County is better than anyone of those teams IMO except maybe Dale. It’s game time best wishes KR and Dinwiddie fans. Oh and King George is top shelf and it went to OT

I’m not trying to stir any pot. Someone said because Dinwiddie beat Dale, Heritage, Hopewell, etc they were going to demolish KR. I looked up all their schedules and the biggest win from them all was Glass and Patrick Henry Ashland. I said and standby it didn’t prove his point. I never said KR had a hard schedule but County is better than anyone of those teams IMO except maybe Dale. It’s game time best wishes KR and Dinwiddie fans. Oh and King George is top shelf and it went to OT
The reality is that any of these teams could beat each other. It really comes down to how they match up with each other.

Just because team A beat Team B and team B beat team C doesn't mean team A would beat team C.

Similar to A beating B the first time they play then B beats A in the second game.

Nobody plays a gauntlet of teams. I'm sure we could pick everyone apart except for maybe Highland Springs.

All regions have top tier teams (10-0 to 9-1) That usually win first 2 rounds of playoffs by 21+

Then you have good teams by record that make the playoffs because all the middle teams win some against each other and beat the bottom feeders. With an occasional upset of top tier. Usually 6-4 to 8-2

Bottom teams are not very good. Usually just beat each other with an occasional upset of middle team. 0-10 to 5-5

Reactions: wolverinedad2018
Exactly what is the point of talking about their schedule? To disrespect the teams that they played?

The game will be settled tomorrow. No reason to talk down about the other teams they have played.

The Dinwiddie posters have been nothing but cordial, complimentary, and not said a thing negative.
I was responding to a post talking down KR. I’m being cordial. I’m not talking them down just giving an honest opinion. Opinions are still allowed on here right.

they going down any way they are a small 4.
I have just learned than when I am watching a football game, if the announcer says that one of the teams is experiencing “complete befuddlement“ that announcer is most likely underpaid. Kettle Run is in over their heads with Dinwiddie. Their wide receiver is good, they may want to center the attack around him. Otherwise it is looking bad.

I have just learned than when I am watching a football game, if the announcer says that one of the teams is experiencing “complete befuddlement“ that announcer is most likely underpaid. Kettle Run is in over their heads with Dinwiddie. Their wide receiver is good, they may want to center the attack around him. Otherwise it is looking bad.
Damn! Dinwiddie was as advertised and then some. I’ve never seen tempo like that in the pros none the less high school. Hats off to Warwick holding them to 28.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT