ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be the next HC at Glass?

catchtds

VaPreps Varsity
Gold Member
May 11, 2009
I know a bunch of their assistants have applied for jobs....will one of them get it?

I feel like the most logical choice right now is Johnson, but if not him, Lovelace or Farrow.

Boy would I and a lot of others in Lynchburg love to see Andre Kendrick coach EC Glass.

Where is Woody going? Charlottesville?

Reactions: wikki
@VolNation85 I wouldn't be so sure about that. Charlottesville Public School Superintendent Dr. Royal Gurley is a huge football fan and knows what it takes to have a successful program. Prior to his promotion he was the Assistant Superintendent at Dinwiddie Public Schools. He never missed a game and was a huge proponent of community involvement.

I know Dr. Gurley well. He will go after a good coach with a winning tradition. The man will not be satisfied with losing. Woody fits the bill and I think Charlottesville may be his hometown. The stars may be in alignment.

@VolNation85 I wouldn't be so sure about that. Charlottesville Public School Superintendent Dr. Royal Gurley is a huge football fan and knows what it takes to have a successful program. Prior to his promotion he was the Assistant Superintendent at Dinwiddie Public Schools. He never missed a game and was a huge proponent of community involvement.

I know Dr. Gurley well. He will go after a good coach with a winning tradition. The man will not be satisfied with losing. Woody fits the bill and I think Charlottesville may be his hometown. The stars may be in alignment.
All I know is that, at the time of this post, Woody is still the HC of EC Glass. Could that change in the future? Absolutely, but the same could be said for any coach anywhere.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
All I know is that, at the time of this post, Woody is still the HC of EC Glass. Could that change in the future? Absolutely, but the same could be said for any coach anywhere.
Can't argue your points. Just wanted to provide some possible justification if the rumors are true. I have no dog in the fight, but I do hope @one man will stay in the coaching game. Was hoping he would get a shot at the C-Ville job. He is a talented coach who has been loyal for many years.

OneMan deserves a shot somewhere. I’ve said this from the first time that I met him, he will be a legendary coach before his coaching days are over. Just as important as his knowledge and skills are in coaching football, is his devotion to mentoring and guiding kids to live their lives properly and become responsible adults. I know that if I had a kid, I would want OneMan to be in his life somehow.

I believe Woody lives in Cville area, but he is a graduate of Brookville.

I don't think the CHS job is a good job right now and I would be shocked if he jumps into that situation. They are losing a ton of players to Albemarle each year and I don't see that changing. A much much better situation would be Amherst. It would be a better situation football-wise and would also be 15 miles closer to Charlottesville where he lives.

All that being said, I don't know if he has any interest in leaving Glass and I'm not sure anyone else on this board knows either.

Western Albemarle is open as well, so if he is living in Cville, that could be a potential landing spot and I believe they have had some success the last few years. That is if Woody is looking to leave.

I have zero evidence that you guys don’t have, but I think it’s a done deal. I think word slipped out before the Albemarle School Board could meet and make it offical, and he subsequently had the chance to tell his players.

I certainly could be wrong, but there are a lot of things that make it a enticing move for him. And a bittersweet decision for him as well.

We shall know soon, I suspect.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT