ADVERTISEMENT

5A State Championship Game Live! Stone Bridge(10-4) v. Highland Springs(13-1)

Not only will this be the first state title for Highland Springs won on the field but the first for Henrico County since 1967!

Springers players giving love to their fans and celebrating with their band on the sidelines as the trophy presentation gets ready to start. Little comical but the plug has been pulled on the Springer band so that we can get trophy presentation underway.

Highland Springs skilled players were legit and their defense as good as advertised. QB Thompson for SB was constantly flushed out towards the sideline.

While losing stings for Stone Bridge, they can still be proud. At one point this season they were 4-4 and they upset Massaponax and Tuscarora to get here today.

Highland Springs skilled players were legit and their defense as good as advertised. QB Thompson for SB was constantly flushed out towards the sideline.

I agree completely. I felt like they never found their rhythm on offense needed to compete with Highland Springs.

And the crowd starts cheering "Springer Nation"... 804 area code/Richmond Region has now won four straight state titles... We got a long way to go till next August when the teams in the Richmond Region take the field again but you can't help but wonder how long they can keep it up.

As for Stone Bridge, as long as they have Mickey Thompson coaching, they will always be a contender for a state title. Today might not have been there day but I'm sure they will get another.

Stands have just about cleared out on Stone Bridge side as Oscar Smith and Westfield pour out onto the field. Springer fans aren't leaving just yet... As long as the Springers are on the field, they remain in the stands still celebrating.

Congrats to Highland Springs and the Springer Nation on your win today and to Stone Bridge on a great season and a heck of a run in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT