ADVERTISEMENT

Give me the Widdie Boyz

Highland Springs is good, but I think they’re having the same issues They had two years ago when Martin was a Sophomore quarterback. Execution is horrible and quite honestly we won’t know if it is fixed until the playoffs. This team has given up a boatload of points in the first three games in the punting game. In all three of the games, we gave up a touchdown or a deciding field goal in the punt or punt return game. Unexplainable dropped passes and confusion in the secondary have been eye-popping. There is no question. They are battle tested, but if they play like they have played the first three games ,in the playoffs, they will not make it out of the region.

It's like I've said, it's hard to stay on top every year, especially when you're playing good teams, unless you're getting a lot of transfers cough cough, like a Buford or Benedictine. It's just natural attrition, coaching changes, etc

Maury isn't bad either. They usually have some talent. Priv catches a lot of heat, and rightfully so with the way he runs his mouth sometimes, but he's pretty good DC. That's not a bad loss.

And I looked at the rest of your schedule. I don't see anyone else there that's going to trip you up. Playoffs, maybe Freedom. Honestly, Highland Springs, Chambers, neither one of them have a very difficult schedule. Just be thankful you don't have a Mallard Creek right down the road, West Charlotte, Hough in conference that can really mess things up for you.

21 1st half points for Dinwiddie. Win or lose the rest of C4 should be sweating right now.

Been watching this thread!! Looks like some of y’all are eating some crow about now. It’s halftime, not only is there no running clock, Dinwiddie is ahead!! Great game..

Second half adjustments by McCain and staff were superior. They went away from a lot of stuff first half but second half they stuck to what was working. Maury got through the crazy stretch of games 3-0.

Second half adjustments by McCain and staff were superior. They went away from a lot of stuff first half but second half they stuck to what was working. Maury got through the crazy stretch of games 3-0.
Definitely showed out these first three games and is Definitely the #1 overall team in the state as of right now

Definitely showed out these first three games and is Definitely the #1 overall team in the state as of right now
Without a doubt Maury has the most talent in the state this year. Too many options on offense and a bunch of dogs on defense. When they get people like #5 from injury they’re just going to be scarier. Nothing but respect for them coaches at Maury. They built a juggernaut.

Without a doubt Maury has the most talent in the state this year. Too many options on offense and a bunch of dogs on defense. When they get people like #5 from injury they’re just going to be scarier. Nothing but respect for them coaches at Maury. They built a juggernaut.
Definitely on the juggernaut part. And yes the got like 3-5 guys out that will be back so definitely will be scarier the rest of the season. Every district game should be 21+ win and that's being nice

Congratulations to Maury. They are as good as advertised and we wish them well the remainder of the season. Extremely proud of the Generals effort and fearless approach to this game. Dinwiddie may not have won, but they had some people on this board pissing themselves at half time. Mills did everything he could to keep the Commodores guessing. As I previously said prior to the game we can only grow from this experience. We will not face a lot of teams with this kind of talent, size and depth. On to Hopewell.

Definitely on the juggernaut part. And yes the got like 3-5 guys out that will be back so definitely will be scarier the rest of the season. Every district game should be 21+ win and that's being nice
21+ is being very nice. They should have a running clock until playoffs barring injury. Lake Taylor isn’t like they used to be and the rest of the district won’t put up a fight.

Reactions: Agibbs757
Congratulations to Maury. They are as good as advertised and we wish them well the remainder of the season. Extremely proud of the Generals effort and fearless approach to this game. Dinwiddie may not have won, but they had some people on this board pissing themselves at half time. Mills did everything he could to keep the Commodores guessing. As I previously said prior to the game we can only grow from this experience. We will not face a lot of teams with this kind of talent, size and depth. On to Hopewell.
Yeah good game to Dinwiddie and respect for scheduling these games because y’all will do nothing but learn and grow from these 2 big games. Dalton is as good as advertised and he has another year left wow. I like 2 and 5 also. That backup QB came in and took advantage of his opportunity too. Love to see that.

I feel sorry for the remaining teams on the schedule because Dinwiddie is about to run through them. Hope to see Dinwiddie at Darling Stadium on a cold Saturday in late November!

@Phoebus Fan, Hopewell is really good and their back Henderson ain't no joke. They beat up on Lake Taylor last week. One game at a time.

Bousseau, is just a a ninth grader. First touchdown pass of his career. We like his game a lot. Coach Mills has a lot of options on offense.

Last edited:
21+ is being very nice. They should have a running clock until playoffs barring injury. Lake Taylor isn’t like they used to be and the rest of the district won’t put up a fight.

LT, barring a miracle, about to be on a three game losing streak for the first time in twenty seasons.

Yeah, Lt quarterback got suspended for 3 games for fighting in the hopewell lost last week if I'm not mistaken. He didn't play last night and they lost to St Christopher.

The Dinwiddie fumble in their own end zone and the long pass play Maury had when Dinwiddie had them pinned on their own 3 yrd line were the back breakers. Dinwiddie got a few challenging games remaining… Maury should waltz through district play. I am sure Maury will be salivating for Green Run again come playoff time as there seems to be some bad blood. Agree Maury is likely gonna take class 5 this year and is number 1 team in VA. Dinwiddie will absolutely be in play for class 4 title

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT