ADVERTISEMENT

Highland Springs Region C vs. Maury Region B

Who wins and why?

• Highland Springs

Votes: 30 90.9%
  • Maury

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
After watching Maury’s IGNORANT/DISGRACE of a “leader”/set us black folk back 50 years, defensive coordinator get on the internet calling Green Run sorry and saying that their kids sucked.. I hope the Springers beat them by 70. What a disgrace to the education system. Maury’s administration should be ashamed even letting that trash around their kids.
What exactly did Priv say? From the outside looking in it may look bad but that dude legit is from the same streets as these kids and made it D1 and is there now helping the youth out. Priv is a troll in those Facebook groups but hes a good dude to them kids and that’s what it’s all about at the end of the day. I’m going to make sure I let him know the way he’s being viewed. To call him trash with all he does for them kids is crazy. Shouts out to Dyrii, Rio, Priv, and the rest of the Maury staff. Proud of them turning Maury into a state title caliber program.

With that said I got Highland Springs.

Reactions: Agibbs757
What exactly did Priv say? From the outside looking in it may look bad but that dude legit is from the same streets as these kids and made it D1 and is there now helping the youth out. Priv is a troll in those Facebook groups but hes a good dude to them kids and that’s what it’s all about at the end of the day. I’m going to make sure I let him know the way he’s being viewed. To call him trash with all he does for them kids is crazy. Shouts out to Dyrii, Rio, Priv, and the rest of the Maury staff. Proud of them turning Maury into a state title caliber program.

With that said I got Highland Springs.
First of all, congrats to your Phantoms. I also enjoy your posts on here. Very authentic and honest.

I’m going to disagree with you. There was a time where an OG would pull a brother to the side and say “this ain’t it”. This is one of those times. I understand the culture as well but we’re also adults and have a job to mold these young brothers and teach them right from wrong. Most aren’t getting or learning anything at home, no foundation. Most live in single mother households and the man in their life is YB or Durk. It’s our job. This social media 💩 has put more of our brothers in the grave or in the jail cell than anything. As an educator, as a role model, we have to be better. What Priv did Saturday was distasteful, trashy and a bad look for him and the Maury community. The rent thing is one thing, but to go on there and act ignorant the way he did, sets us back and gives our counterparts reasons to stereotype us. It is what it is. It’s no excuse for that behavior. You’d never see a Highland Springs’ coach post anything like that (I use them because they have the same demographics as Maury) or a white coach do that and that’s real! Be sure to tell Priv to keep up the great work caring for those young boys but also let him know that all talk isn’t a good look for his career. Not only is it very distasteful, it looks like it’s about him and not the kids. Also tell him to put the vape down. Lost a very good friend this summer who vaped and got lung cancer.

Last edited:
Ok, I didn't go on FB. Can't believe people still do lol. I only glanced at his Twitter profile because of Bo's comment. Was 20 minutes I'll never get back.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I think 2 things can be true. It's no denying what the Maury staff including the D coordinator has provided for those kids. They have clearly set up a great program and have those kids doing great just as many others with that demographic are trying to do. Lets please not try to take away the amazing job they are doing in Norfolk(richmond city could take some notes)

On the flip side while I think it's simply a 757 trash talk culture, I think the coaches definitely shouldn't openly participate in the trash talk especially if it's potentially mentioning another kid. It's one thing for the kids to talk because it's usually harmless, but the coaches gotta keep quiet and keep it professional.

I think 2 things can be true. It's no denying what the Maury staff including the D coordinator has provided for those kids. They have clearly set up a great program and have those kids doing great just as many others with that demographic are trying to do. Lets please not try to take away the amazing job they are doing in Norfolk(richmond city could take some notes)

On the flip side while I think it's simply a 757 trash talk culture, I think the coaches definitely shouldn't openly participate in the trash talk especially if it's potentially mentioning another kid. It's one thing for the kids to talk because it's usually harmless, but the coaches gotta keep quiet and keep it professional.
That’s my point, his actions and delivery takes away from everything he’s doing and done. Most of our people can’t take constructive criticism nor will we take a stand unless it’s something involving a counterpart.

Let’s not get it misconstrued. Scouts are going to a take a Peyton Jones or Lambert just off of their talent alone. Are they going to value or respect a coach who gets on IG/Facebook live and take their word on an on the fence kid though? Hell no. This recruiting game isn’t a joke and FACT, some college coaches won’t even visit your school if they don’t trust that coaching staff. That’s word to my mama!

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
That’s my point, his actions and delivery takes away from everything he’s doing and done. Most of our people can’t take constructive criticism nor will we take a stand unless it’s something involving a counterpart.

Let’s not get it misconstrued. Scouts are going to a take a Peyton Jones or Lambert just off of their talent alone. Are they going to value or respect a coach who gets on IG/Facebook live and take their word on an on the fence kid though? Hell no. This recruiting game isn’t a joke and FACT, some college coaches won’t even visit your school if they don’t trust that coaching staff. That’s word to my mama!
I don’t usually post on these boards anymore. You’ve made a couple good points but from what I’ve read(ranting for a coach to be fired and “Most aren’t getting or learning anything at home, no foundation. Then to say white folks wont do that really rubbed me wrong. That Stephen A Smith rant was no better than what Priv said just in a different presentation. Anyways I’m signing off

Go Phoebus, good luck to the 757 teams remaining.

Let's not get it misconstrued? I know of several kids that were in high school who posted crazy stuff on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram that cost them a scholarship! If you think college recruiters/coaches don't look into their social media sites, you're crazy! They absolutely DO! They check everything not only their grades, but their character too. I'm not going to name anyone specifically, but I know of one in particular that cost him an SEC scholarship because of posting explicit content about having sex with a female. Horrifying for the female and a big red flag for the recruiting of this students CHARACTER! I know this too. At HSHS, (I know several of the students' parents) these kids on the team (even if they aren't being recruited) are told to be extremely careful on social media sites. When what comes out of their minds lands on one of these sites for everybody to see, it creates a big picture of what their character might be. It is imperative for these kids to know the ramifications of what trouble their posted thoughts and feelings come out in script can cause! It can change a coaches mind quick, fast and in a hurry!

I don’t usually post on these boards anymore. You’ve made a couple good points but from what I’ve read(ranting for a coach to be fired and “Most aren’t getting or learning anything at home, no foundation. Then to say white folks wont do that really rubbed me wrong. That Stephen A Smith rant was no better than what Priv said just in a different presentation. Anyways I’m signing off

Go Phoebus, good luck to the 757 teams remaining.
As I said before, our people will take a stand when it involves someone of another race, but won’t call wrong when it’s us. Call me Stephen A, you’re apart of the problem. People may not want to hear it but everything I stated is facts.

As I said before, our people will take a stand when it involves someone of another race, but won’t call wrong when it’s us. Call me Stephen A, but you’re apart of the problem.
Saying black kids from single family homes have no foundation is an insult and a blanked statement with no context. But yeah I’m apart of the problem for disagreeing.

Saying black kids from single family homes have no foundation is an insult and a blanked statement with no context. But yeah I’m apart of the problem for disagreeing.
Reread what I said below:
“Most aren’t getting or learning anything at home, no foundation. Most live in single mother households and the man in their life is YB or Durk.”

Two separate statements. Nothing about coming from a single parent household and having no foundation. Grew up in a single parent household myself….

I see no lies above.

Reactions: Thomasddev
Imma say this I like how a few of these gentlemen go up in the Hampton roads page have problems with whatever in there and then come here behind this wall talk they stuff. Like naw that page is a public form go put your feelings there for said man to see.

A wise man once told me. When you’re arguing amongst fools, a passerby doesn’t know who the real fool is. Learned that in my black single parent household.

Done with this conversation as I have proved my point. If you condone that kind of foolishness, you are a part of the the problem that greatly exists in our black community today.

• Love
Reactions: Kenneth Harris
You will never see an end to ignorance until the source of the ignorance is eliminated! You are correct about this 1 statement right here. So keep on talking the ignorance. The wrath is coming!
God doesn't like UGLY! He'll take care of it! This will be HS's 5th State Title win in 8 years! Wait and see!
Hampton set the standard at 4 straight. Salem is greedy when it comes to titles. Phoebus nearly won 6 straight D 5 titles minus one bad half of turnover laden football but did get 7 in 11 years. Riverheads does not share at all. Phoebus and Riverheads took it a step further and led the nation in victories. Now we have Highland Springs is doing it. The Springers would need to match the Phoebus/Riverheads 52 straight and lead the nation before we set them to high in the pedestal. Don't get it too twisted. Am I missing any team?

Reactions: springer76
Hampton set the standard at 4 straight. Salem is greedy when it comes to titles. Phoebus nearly won 6 straight D 5 titles minus one bad half of turnover laden football but did get 7 in 11 years. Riverheads does not share at all. Phoebus and Riverheads took it a step further and led the nation in victories. Now we have Highland Springs is doing it. The Springers would need to match the Phoebus/Riverheads 52 straight and lead the nation before we set them to high in the pedestal. Don't get it too twisted. Am I missing any team?
Then win another 50 straight and you'd almost tie Tommy Knotts.

You're right with the Hampton/Phoebus/Riverheads records! Those are their record to hold onto and keep forever. I don't deny that. As I said in a previous, the Springers have sprung! Don't forget in these 8 years I speak of, HS lost to Stone Bridge in OT to Stone Bridge in the Title game in 2020, on a miracle catch in the endzone to win 13-10 OT. Last year we lost to Stone Bridge 28-26 in the Semi Finals, after 2 very questionable celebration penalties after HS had scored 2 TDs and could've tied it up but the BS penalties pushed them back so far the PATs were nearly impossible... This year's win against them was redemption from last year. HS would've beaten Maury last year too, I believe. Those 2 losses to SB stung the Springers big time. How would it look IF we had won those 2 games?
Don't get me wrong, I love my Springers and they have a top tier program going on. Knowing what I know about them now is, we are loaded with Juniors and Sophomores and next year we will be a contender in Class 6. HS will be loaded again next year. Strong undefeated JV this year too. When was the last time Hampton or Phoebus played a National Power team out of state? It could've wrecked a 52 game streak... We are going to open our season next year playing Miami Central HS in Miami, FL. I know we probably will get beat!!! BUT, the experience will be unmeasurable!!! They don't give out trophies for win steaks.

Last edited:
You're right with the Hampton/Phoebus/Riverheads records! Those are their record to hold onto and keep forever. I don't deny that. As I said in a previous, the Springers have sprung! Don't forget in these 8 years I speak of, HS lost to Stone Bridge in OT to Stone Bridge in the Title game in 2020, on a miracle catch in the endzone to win 13-10 OT. Last year we lost to Stone Bridge 28-26 in the Semi Finals, after 2 very questionable celebration penalties after HS had scored 2 TDs and could've tied it up but the BS penalties pushed them back so far the PATs were nearly impossible... This year's win against them was redemption from last year. HS would've beaten Maury last year too, I believe. Those 2 losses to SB stung the Springers big time. How would it look IF we had won those 2 games?
Don't get me wrong, I love my Springers and they have a top tier program going on. Knowing what I know about them now is, we are loaded with Juniors and Sophomores and next year we will be a contender in Class 6. HS will be loaded again next year. Strong undefeated JV this year too. When was the last time Hampton or Phoebus played a National Power team out of state? It could've wrecked a 52 game streak... We are going to open our season next year playing Miami Central HS in Miami, FL. I know we probably will get beat!!! BUT, the experience will be unmeasurable!!! They don't give out trophies for win steaks.
Bruh! 🙃 You cannot mention Stone Bridge with Highland Springs and then question the opponents Phoebus took down. Stone Bridge was ranked nationally in '08 when Phoebus manhandled them. They have a 4-1 record against Stone Bridge. They beat a Hanover team that was carrying a future NFL player. Potomac had one of the fastest Virginians to ever strap up! Stone Bridge was their equal the same way they matched up with Highland Springs. 06 Edison? 11 South County? Come on man! Lake Taylor was a powerhouse in 01 and 08! Just because you play Miami Central does not mean you're getting one of their best teams. Phoebus and Riverheads beat 104 opponents that had an equal shot to win. Yes?

Bruh! 🙃 You cannot mention Stone Bridge with Highland Springs and then question the opponents Phoebus took down. Stone Bridge was ranked nationally in '08 when Phoebus manhandled them. They have a 4-1 record against Stone Bridge. They beat a Hanover team that was carrying a future NFL player. Potomac had one of the fastest Virginians to ever strap up! Stone Bridge was their equal the same way they matched up with Highland Springs. 06 Edison? 11 South County? Come on man! Lake Taylor was a powerhouse in 01 and 08! Just because you play Miami Central does not mean you're getting one of their best teams. Phoebus and Riverheads beat 104 opponents that had an equal shot to win. Yes?
Okay, that's fine. I really didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. The 1st sentence I wrote was: You're right with the Hampton/Phoebus/Riverheads records! Those are their record to hold onto and keep forever. I don't deny that.
2008 was the first time I knew anything about Stone Bridge. I saw them play Hanover. That was the year Hanover beat us. The only time they beat us. I don't even remember nor have I checked Phoebus or Riverheads or Potomac's records and who played for them, it means nothing to me.
All I know for sure is; Highland Springs has risen to the top of the heap in the past 10 years (give or take a year or 2).
A little of my history. I started high school in 1971-72 HS had a terrible football team. Coach Rinaldi was hired the next year. He was there from 72-78. He won 5 Central Region Titles in 6 years. We lost to Hampton and Bethel in the Semifinals 4 times. The only year we got past those 2 was in 1978, the year we fell to Annandale in the Championship game 14-13. Finishing 13-1. He left and Rudy Ward took over and had a good number of Regional titles. Lost in a Championship game to West Potomac 17-14, don't remember the year. Lost to Garfield one year in the Semifinals.
Scott Burton era. Good teams... HS has always been good but couldn't put a stamp in it. Now that Loren Johnson is at the helm he has taken a real good program to a different level. We've wanted and waited for this current time to arrive. Now we are relishing in it! Don't try to spoil our party! Thanks, no harm no foul! You are right about your Phantoms!! Terrific program! Probably the top in the state and are continuing as usual. Good luck this weekend. Monster team that deserves all the credit! Oh by the way. That 1978 State Title game. Annandale was ranked #1 in the country and HS was ranked #3 in the country. IT WAS THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME in USA Today's ranking profile. Video of the 2nd half of that game. Click to the end of the video and read the caption in the video. In the National Sports Wire, Annandale finished #1. HS finished #13.

Last edited:
Springer fans…quick question here. I saw where HS had given up only 1 rushing TD all season until SB got those 2 on Saturday. Was it the Vinson kid from Chambers in Game 1? No moral victories here, just more curious if you guys had a 12 game streak without allowing a rushing TD. Pretty impressive if that is accurate.

Springer fans…quick question here. I saw where HS had given up only 1 rushing TD all season until SB got those 2 on Saturday. Was it the Vinson kid from Chambers in Game 1? No moral victories here, just more curious if you guys had a 12 game streak without allowing a rushing TD. Pretty impressive if that
Number 12 for Chambers scored the rushing td

Springer fans…quick question here. I saw where HS had given up only 1 rushing TD all season until SB got those 2 on Saturday. Was it the Vinson kid from Chambers in Game 1? No moral victories here, just more curious if you guys had a 12 game streak without allowing a rushing TD. Pretty impressive if that is accurate.
Yes, the chambers game. (HS win 26-20) Their 1st td was a gimme! Punt hike went of HS's punter head into the endzone recovered by Chambers.
Chambers scored 1 td run and Atlee scored a td run. Hanover's td was a pass. There were only 2 running tds scored on HS until Stone Bridge. SB score 2 td runs. 4 total in 14 games.

Okay, that's fine. I really didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. The 1st sentence I wrote was: You're right with the Hampton/Phoebus/Riverheads records! Those are their record to hold onto and keep forever. I don't deny that.
2008 was the first time I knew anything about Stone Bridge. I saw them play Hanover. That was the year Hanover beat us. The only time they beat us. I don't even remember nor have I checked Phoebus or Riverheads or Potomac's records and who played for them, it means nothing to me.
All I know for sure is; Highland Springs has risen to the top of the heap in the past 10 years (give or take a year or 2).
A little of my history. I started high school in 1971-72 HS had a terrible football team. Coach Rinaldi was hired the next year. He was there from 72-78. He won 5 Central Region Titles in 6 years. We lost to Hampton and Bethel in the Semifinals 4 times. The only year we got past those 2 was in 1978, the year we fell to Annandale in the Championship game 14-13. Finishing 13-1. He left and Rudy Ward took over and had a good number of Regional titles. Lost in a Championship game to West Potomac 17-14, don't remember the year. Lost to Garfield one year in the Semifinals.
Scott Burton era. Good teams... HS has always been good but couldn't put a stamp in it. Now that Loren Johnson is at the helm he has taken a real good program to a different level. We've wanted and waited for this current time to arrive. Now we are relishing in it! Don't try to spoil our party! Thanks, no harm no foul! You are right about your Phantoms!! Terrific program! Probably the top in the state and are continuing as usual. Good luck this weekend. Monster team that deserves all the credit! Oh by the way. That 1978 State Title game. Annandale was ranked #1 in the country and HS was ranked #3 in the country. IT WAS THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME in USA Today's ranking profile. Video of the 2nd half of that game. Click to the end of the video and read the caption in the video. In the National Sports Wire, Annandale finished #1. HS finished #13.
Springer76 - thanks for sharing that video! It took me back to 1978, my first year of varsity football - made my day (along with a hug from my 8 year old daughter - yep, I’m almost 60 with an 8 year old.! Loved the soundtrack. I remembered Annandale was 1 but it had slipped my mind how great that HS team was too!

Thanks guys. Didn’t know about the Atlee one. At 67-7, I can only assume the Atlee one was not against the starters.

Springer76 - thanks for sharing that video! It took me back to 1978, my first year of varsity football - made my day (along with a hug from my 8 year old daughter - yep, I’m almost 60 with an 8 year old.! Loved the soundtrack. I remembered Annandale was 1 but it had slipped my mind how great that HS team was too!
I was at the game. I like going back to 78 too. The 1st half of that game is on another youtube video.
I'll be 65 next month. Of course, class of 76... If you noticed in the video, HS played a single wing offense much like what Stone Bridge does now.

Yeah that’s Vinson. I wish HS and Chambers could run it back next year.
HS wasn't ready last year. That was their worst loss in a long time. This year, Chambers left points on the board at the 2 and the 1 and dropped an int on what turned out to be HS winning drive. But they were much better on both sides of the ball. Defense in particular. And, yes, overall that was a good series.

Last edited:
HS wasn't ready last year. That was their worst loss in a long time. This year, Chambers left points on the board at the 2 and the 1 and dropped an int on what turned out to be HS winning drive. But they were much better on both sides of the ball. Defense in particular. And, yes, overall that was a good series.
Chambers just struggled in tight games this year. Shouldn’t have lost to Hough or AC Reynolds.. They lose a lot so it’ll be interesting to see what they look like next fall.

FjP-NhEWIAQv6zP

Chambers just struggled in tight games this year. Shouldn’t have lost to Hough or AC Reynolds.. They lose a lot so it’ll be interesting to see what they look like next fall.
It'll definitely be interesting. That area that feeds Mallard Creek/Chambers/West Charlotte/North Meck is talent rich. That's what's kept Mallard Creek/Chambers loaded.

No! The only offensive TDs by Chambers were by Concepcion receiving. The only rushing TD was by Atlee vs our “ALL-SENIOR D” to start the game on Senior night. The STARTING D has only given up 3 passing TDs,and none since Manchester. They gave up a fake FG pass vs Freeman and the 2nd string gave up a trick play vs Hanover after the running clock.

• Haha
Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Yes, the chambers game. (HS win 26-20) Their 1st td was a gimme! Punt hike went of HS's punter head into the endzone recovered by Chambers.
Chambers scored 1 td run and Atlee scored a td run. Hanover's td was a pass. There were only 2 running tds scored on HS until Stone Bridge. SB score 2 td runs. 4 total in 14 games.
That’s not correct. 2 passing TDs vs Chambers(both by Concepcion),and 1 passing TD vs Manchester. Only 1 rushing TD before SB! It was in the pregame write-up for our game with Stonebridge. <75 points through 14games.

Nice video. Stone Bridge arrived in the 2005 D5 Title game. It was so good I stayed until the zeros.. Tyrol Taylor was playing QB for Hampton. The final score was 15-8 Crabbers. It was a great game for anyone that loves defense. Between 95-98 the Crabbers had been blowing teams out in the final. The Bulldogs played a great game. Stone Bridge has been pretty consistent for 18 years.

Nice video. Stone Bridge arrived in the 2005 D5 Title game. It was so good I stayed until the zeros.. Tyrol Taylor was playing QB for Hampton. The final score was 15-8 Crabbers. It was a great game for anyone that loves defense. Between 95-98 the Crabbers had been blowing teams out in the final. The Bulldogs played a great game. Stone Bridge has been pretty consistent for 18 years.
I was always in awe of Hampton. Highland played them 3 or 4 times back in the 70's. Hampton won them all. I went to the State Championship game ( i don't remember the year) with Hampton vs Patrick Henry (both teams 13-0). It was Ron Curry's Senior year and QB. PH had Danniell Derricott as QB and he was terrific. Except this was the Hampton team that finished #1 in the country I think the final score was 51-14. It was 1996.

I was always in awe of Hampton. Highland played them 3 or 4 times back in the 70's. Hampton won them all. I went to the State Championship game ( i don't remember the year) with Hampton vs Patrick Henry (both teams 13-0). It was Ron Curry's Senior year and QB. PH had Danniell Derricott as QB and he was terrific. Except this was the Hampton team that finished #1 in the country I think the final score was 51-14. It was 1996.
I checked that on Four Seasons Football site. Pretty cool site. Va, NC, WV, KY, MD. Every high school football teams scores for every game since the schools existence. Click on the state, find the school you want. Really awesome. https://www.fourseasonsfootball.com

Totally agree. It's hard for a village to raise a child when the village is full of idiots. Although I have been trained and try hard to understand the African American culture, I just can't fathom why another black man would use such a derogatory slavery/plantation term to go after another black man. Especially in front of teenagers. Their damn coaches were right there and didn't say a word. Then when we approach the man he ran like a coward. I felt horrible for the referee and told him to keep his head up, because he was the better man. He thanked me and smiled, but I could see the hurt in his eyes. Don't know the official, but he now has an admirer.
I honestly felt horrible for him. He nor anyone should be subjected to that kind of language. That kind of behavior can stain a team/program, even if it is just a fan.

I honestly felt horrible for him. He nor anyone should be subjected to that kind of language. That kind of behavior can stain a team/program, even if it is just a fan.
Dan. Who will be brave enough to reach deep enough into the ground and pull this weed out completely and finally? If we do not want this type of language in Virginia high school football we cannot have this type of history connected to Virginia high school football. I, for one, expect people to talk exactly like that and worse because the leadership of Virginia high school football and public schools is intent on having Virginia high school football and public schools tied directly to the history of slavery as if it is to be celebrated as a good thing. When this subject was brought up in the early 2000's someone said it violated the rules of Virginiapreps to even ask why high schools were named after known slaveowners and racists. So, which is worse, or better; celebrating slavery and honoring slaveowners or mean and vicious language from the Black man who most likely is a descendant of slaves?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT