Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Ocean Lakes

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

babY_d757

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Jul 28, 2008
This is the 4th time these 2 teams meet up in the D-6 south title or as they would say ole Eastern Region title back in the days , so who do think gonna win the big game Friday night ?

Last edited:
If OL running back is playing at 100% healthy ankle injury he got 2 weeks ago vs Western Branch "even tho he did run over 100 yards last week " I'll give the edge to OL big time. I believe this team is way better offensively then last year team with better play makers and qbs , the defense remains the same sharp as always but a bit undersize at LBs, hopefully it turns out to be a good game since the game will be played at Oscar Smith even tho it should be played at a neutral site as always expect huge crowd this game last year had 7,000 ppl showed up.

Smith doesn't have a chance OL has to much talent they will keep it close for a quarter. The final score will be 35-14 OL this will be there toughest game on the way to winning back to back titles. Not so fast my friend Smith may have a couple of tricks up there sleeves lol still won't help them win the game but that coach knows how to make things happen on that home field of his.

If OL running back is playing at 100% healthy ankle injury he got 2 weeks ago vs Western Branch "even tho he did run over 100 yards last week " I'll give the edge to OL big time. I believe this team is way better offensively then last year team with better play makers and qbs , the defense remains the same sharp as always but a bit undersize at LBs, hopefully it turns out to be a good game since the game will be played at Oscar Smith even tho it should be played at a neutral site as always expect huge crowd this game last year had 7,000 ppl showed up.
Why? OL tried to ask Smith to play the game at Kellam or Sportsplex. Why would Smith give up their gate for this game to play at a neutral site especially one in Virginia Beach? Hickory would be the only place they would move this game. It's not like back in the day where the region made the teams move.

I think this game will look like last year's matchup. OL has more talent and will run over the Tigers again.

Why? OL tried to ask Smith to play the game at Kellam or Sportsplex. Why would Smith give up their gate for this game to play at a neutral site especially one in Virginia Beach? Hickory would be the only place they would move this game. It's not like back in the day where the region made the teams move.
Bc a lot of folks want too attend this game lol I never said use va beach places ment to say somewhere like NSU or ODU bigger venue not far from OS South Norfolk community , even when smith plays in Va Beach OL lets them have the home side at sportsplex while OL gets the bern coaches like the less distractions from the fans. I wonder how many folks OS stadium can hold ? Before they tell folks to turn around sold out tickets.

All this hype OL crush em but if they play smash mouth and keep the time of possession on there side it can be a close game or W for them. They have the line and power back but will see what coach Morgan brings on Friday night. Let's not forget that ocean lakes likes to onside kick the ball 80% of the time , if they do that and OS takes advantage it can get ugly , they did the same to WBHS 2 weeks ago but they couldn't move the ball more then 15 yards from the 45/50 yard line when WB would recover the ball. But even coach Scott of ocean lakes clearly said he didn't want WB kill the T.O.P having the ball at the 20-30 yard line If OL would kick it off , he clearly stated he trusted his defense to go all out stop them ! But I believe Smith O-line way better then WB and have a bigger power back including a 3 year starting Qb , will see Friday night

Even though they are the major underdog in this game you have to like what Oscar Smith has done this year. Going undefeated to this point in the fashion that they did by winning several close games and not just blowing past everyone on their schedule untested. Not bad for a team regarded as young before the season started. Seems like they have a lot of grit but Ocean Lakes is looking like too much of a juggernaut for anyone in 6A South right now. Closest game of the year so far for Ocean Lakes but they pull away in the second half 36-21.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT