ADVERTISEMENT

Salem vs Louisa

Who wins

• Louisa

Votes: 43 55.1%
  • Salem

Votes: 35 44.9%

• Total voters
There are biases in play here... take the bias out and look at it from the view of an knowledgable outsider and it's obvious who the underdog is. You are too close to the situation to see this clearly.

I'm too close to the situation from STUARTS DRAFT??? Are you trolling???

Come on Wikki... can't say you aren't a bitter Amherst fan then back it up with a post that reeks of bitterness. Do we have some "bad" fans/posters that show up on this board from time to time... Sure. However, so do other teams. The difference is that Salem just has a larger, more passionate fan base than most schools and therefore there are more posts on here regarding Salem (rightly so). If opposing fans are tired of reading so many Salem related posts on this board they have three options.
1) Read them and continue to have a "sour taste"
2) Don't read them (I don't read 3/4 of the posts on this board)
3) Get more of your own teams fans to join vapreps so that more of the posts are related to your school.
I’m definitely NOT BITTER, Amherst has enough people on here and just as passionate as Salem fans. TRUST ME, the reason you have more now is because of your record that we are constantly reminded of. Go back and read my post of the credit I’ve given Salem credit this year, especially your coach. I responded to a post on here no need to get defensive. No one is more of a passionate fan than I am. Amherst fans are very passionate for the Lancers. I believe Salem will win but am pulling for Louisa

I'm too close to the situation from STUARTS DRAFT??? Are you trolling???
You are on a high school football message board posting on a thread pertaining to the Salem vs Louisa state championship game... Yes I would say you are too close to the situation to see this clearly. Am I trolling??? Really.... Really??

I’m definitely NOT BITTER, Amherst has enough people on here and just as passionate as Salem fans. TRUST ME, the reason you have more now is because of your record that we are constantly reminded of. Go back and read my post of the credit I’ve given Salem credit this year, especially your coach. I responded to a post on here no need to get defensive. No one is more of a passionate fan than I am. Amherst fans are very passionate for the Lancers. I believe Salem will win but am pulling for Louisa
I agree that you have given Salem's players and their staff props on many occasions. However, this post was a shot at their fans (not their team). Like I said... you are judging a fan base by a very small percentage of their posters. Every fan base has those fans.. The difference is you see more of Salem's on here because we have more fans on here. In the end if people don't like certain posters or topics on this board just ignore them.

You are on a high school football message board posting on a thread pertaining to the Salem vs Louisa state championship game... Yes I would say you are too close to the situation to see this clearly. Am I trolling??? Really.... Really??

Yes really, as your question makes you seem every more like you are trolling.

Because I am posting about a game with 2 teams I haven't seen I am too close? But Salem fans aren't to close and their opinion is what matters. You said people who are unbiased would say Salem is the underdog. So either you want people who have no knowledge of the situation (which yes those people would only look at record, nothing else) or you are just trying to troll. @wikki, @Lafayette, and whoever else besides me that isn't from Salem and Louisa are the ONLY ones posting here who aren't biased. Do we have someone we want to win for various reasons yes, but none of our teams are playing so no bias.

Wow I can't believe I had to explain that to you

Yes really, as your question makes you seem every more like you are trolling.

Because I am posting about a game with 2 teams I haven't seen I am too close? But Salem fans aren't to close and their opinion is what matters. You said people who are unbiased would say Salem is the underdog. So either you want people who have no knowledge of the situation (which yes those people would only look at record, nothing else) or you are just trying to troll. @wikki, @Lafayette, and whoever else besides me that isn't from Salem and Louisa are the ONLY ones posting here who aren't biased. Do we have someone we want to win for various reasons yes, but none of our teams are playing so no bias.

Wow I can't believe I had to explain that to you
Ok ok settle down there Gunz. I can tell you are getting a little hot under the collar about this topic. I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree, which is completely fine. It was never my intention to change your mind. After all at the end of the day I hope the results of the game on Saturday clearly show that Salem should have been favored, so I'll just go ahead and hope you are proven right.

Last edited:
One very interesting area of this game is the power running scheme that Louisa uses. The blocking scheme is very similar to Amherst... down blocks playside and pull backside guard and tackle. Granted it was a long time ago (week one) but Salem was at least able to play against this. The bad news is that Salem was very bad at defending this when they played Amherst.

Also, Louisa has several other packages and different blocking styles they can go to in the event that they aren't successful with the aforementioned style.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
I agree that you have given Salem's players and their staff props on many occasions. However, this post was a shot at their fans (not their team). Like I said... you are judging a fan base by a very small percentage of their posters. Every fan base has those fans.. The difference is you see more of Salem's on here because we have more fans on here. In the end if people don't like certain posters or topics on this board just ignore them.
Difference of opinion and stating about history, nothing bad about their fans, and if you don't like my post, just ignore

Difference of opinion and stating about history, nothing bad about their fans, and if you don't like my post, just ignore
Although I may not always agree with your view on things or the way you go about expressing some of your opinions, I actually don't mind your posts at all Wiki. As a matter of fact I love the passion you have for your team and the way you support the kids. At the end of the day that's the one thing that matters the most and something we should all have in common.

Game will probably be determined on 3rd and 4th down. Can Salem stop Louisa from controlling the ball and marching down the field. Can Salem's defense get off the field on third and fourth downs.

I have had a hard time trying to figure out this week if I had to pick this game, who would I pick? Thankful I don’t have to. Part of my problem is I didn’t realize Bell had become much more athletic this year losing a lot of excess weight until I read it on another thread. I really think this is going to be a great game. Sometimes passion for the coach could be the difference, or could experience over weigh that? Hard to decide . Good luck to both teams. Both teams are well deserving to be in the position they are.

Reactions: Lions1983 and 7time
Although I may not always agree with your view on things or the way you go about expressing some of your opinions, I actually don't mind your posts at all Wiki. As a matter of fact I love the passion you have for your team and the way you support the kids. At the end of the day that's the one thing that matters the most and something we should all have in common.
I agree with you and I am definitely passionate about the Lancers in every sport. I am there as much as I can volunteering. I just worked concessions for wrestling last week. Most people know me in Amherst as the passionate fan. I received an Amherst helmet plaque for all I do and the #1 fan years ago. I will always defend them and I know it comes across sometimes not so good but that is who I am. I also appreciate other passionate fans for their team as well. Va Preps keeps me intense and that is why this will be my last year from posting. Sometimes I feel like I get attacked because I am vocal. I hope Mike Salem gets to go to the game if anybody does

I agree with you and I am definitely passionate about the Lancers in every sport. I am there as much as I can volunteering. I just worked concessions for wrestling last week. Most people know me in Amherst as the passionate fan. I received an Amherst helmet plaque for all I do and the #1 fan years ago. I will always defend them and I know it comes across sometimes not so good but that is who I am. I also appreciate other passionate fans for their team as well. Va Preps keeps me intense and that is why this will be my last year from posting. Sometimes I feel like I get attacked because I am vocal. I hope Mike Salem gets to go to the game if anybody does

No leaving @wikki we need you on here. You are a ok in my book and your boys need you defending them

Reactions: MrSir#5 and wikki
I met you then. I was at the wrestling tournament. I was the woman with the only Salem shirt on.

I saw you then because when I saw the shirt I was wondering if you got on Preps.
I was standing at the concessions door when you walked by, dang I wish I would have said something. Next time ask for me

You've seen both teams and you favor Salem by 2.5? On what basis?

Same reason Alabama is favored over Clemson even though Clemson beat Auburn (Dinwiddie) and Alabama didn't. Salem is just that good and respected that much. Salem's been here the last four years. Louisa hasn't made it past the first round except for this year in a long time. At this point in time, you have to throw the regular season out the window. Maybe Clemson is the better team...maybe they'll come out and kill Alabama. I don't think a lot of people are expecting that though. You know why? Because Alabama is a dynasty and they've made the CFP every year since it was created. You have to favor them, no matter what the regular season showed. It's the same thing with Salem/Louisa.

Edit: I just checked the spread for Bama/Clemson. Crimson Tide favored by-2.5. I didn't even know that.

Last edited:
Can Salem run the ball ? That’s what I’m looking forward to seeing.
Salem the last few years has been rather unique in that the are a power running team that can throw it. Against Gw Danville the Spartans had about 180 yards rushing and a 180 yards passing. Salem will take what you give them. If you load the box to stop Ramsey they can hurt you in other ways

Reactions: close2salem
Latest forecast in Williamsburg is 100% rain and snow in morning/afternoon then clouds in the evening. High only 40, low now 28. This could make the ball hard and slippery and make every play interesting. Who loves the cold and wet the most?

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
Same reason Alabama is favored over Clemson even though Clemson beat Auburn (Dinwiddie) and Alabama didn't. Salem is just that good and respected that much. Salem's been here the last four years. Louisa hasn't made it past the first round except for this year in a long time. At this point in time, you have to throw the regular season out the window. Maybe Clemson is the better team...maybe they'll come out and kill Alabama. I don't think a lot of people are expecting that though. You know why? Because Alabama is a dynasty and they've made the CFP every year since it was created. You have to favor them, no matter what the regular season showed. It's the same thing with Salem/Louisa.

Edit: I just checked the spread for Bama/Clemson. Crimson Tide favored by-2.5. I didn't even know that.
your post contradicts itself . i mean how is clemson not favored when they are defending champs and bama has looked pretty average of late.

your post contradicts itself . i mean how is clemson not favored when they are defending champs and bama has looked pretty average of late.

Alabama has a 57.9% chance to win according to FPI and Vegas has them as 2.5 point favorites. Alabama is favored in this game according to the computer and Vegas.

Not as many salem fans here as i expected. Louisa’s side is packed
Yeah, change of date hurt quite a bit. Between that, the distance of the trip, the weather and the fact that this is the 4th championship game in a row, attendance is predictably down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT