• Petersburg (10-16)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cave Spring (25-2)

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • LCA (20-7)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've only seen some of these teams play but here are my thoughts:

I think Cave Spring is the most complete team, but I think Lakeland is the most talented.

Cave Spring is big and fast, and if they are knocking down shots they will be very hard for anyone to beat. That being said, LCA is very very good. They play defense hard and have good size, and everyone on their roster can shoot. I expect a good game there. If Hartless and #4 for LCA are hitting I think they have a chance.

Western Albemarle is massive, two 6'6 bigs and Mangrum, their best player, is about 6'4. However, if you shut down Mangrum, they struggle offensively. Their defense is always solid. LCA held Mangrum to 10 points and still lost 39-37. Western will not be able to win this time if Northside shuts him down. Northside's athleticism is not something Western hasn't seen, but the Warriors went 0-2 against Louisa who is probably a little less athletic than Northside. On the flip side, if Western shuts down Wooden, we might be in for another drag it out, low scoring game. I think both of these teams could make a run...Wooden is an incredible player and Western might be the biggest team in the state.

Lakeland has had one of the toughest schedules in the state. I think they'll have a tough one with Armstrong, both teams are better than their records indicate, but I expect Lakeland to push through. If they win, I think they'll be too much for the Western/Northside winner but we'll see.

Central is the mystery to me. Incredibly weak schedule and a very weak region, but I was surprised with how they handled Armstrong. I think for them it comes down to the supporting cast around the big kid. If they are playing well, it will be hard to stop them. I expect another close, low scoring win over Petersburg for Central.

I've got Lakeland/Western and Cave Spring/Central in the Final Four.

Give me Lakeland over Cave in a tight one at VCU in the championship.

Good luck to all teams!

I've only seen some of these teams play but here are my thoughts:

I think Cave Spring is the most complete team, but I think Lakeland is the most talented.

Cave Spring is big and fast, and if they are knocking down shots they will be very hard for anyone to beat. That being said, LCA is very very good. They play defense hard and have good size, and everyone on their roster can shoot. I expect a good game there. If Hartless and #4 for LCA are hitting I think they have a chance.

Western Albemarle is massive, two 6'6 bigs and Mangrum, their best player, is about 6'4. However, if you shut down Mangrum, they struggle offensively. Their defense is always solid. LCA held Mangrum to 10 points and still lost 39-37. Western will not be able to win this time if Northside shuts him down. Northside's athleticism is not something Western hasn't seen, but the Warriors went 0-2 against Louisa who is probably a little less athletic than Northside. On the flip side, if Western shuts down Wooden, we might be in for another drag it out, low scoring game. I think both of these teams could make a run...Wooden is an incredible player and Western might be the biggest team in the state.

Lakeland has had one of the toughest schedules in the state. I think they'll have a tough one with Armstrong, both teams are better than their records indicate, but I expect Lakeland to push through. If they win, I think they'll be too much for the Western/Northside winner but we'll see.

Central is the mystery to me. Incredibly weak schedule and a very weak region, but I was surprised with how they handled Armstrong. I think for them it comes down to the supporting cast around the big kid. If they are playing well, it will be hard to stop them. I expect another close, low scoring win over Petersburg for Central.

I've got Lakeland/Western and Cave Spring/Central in the Final Four.

Give me Lakeland over Cave in a tight one at VCU in the championship.

Good luck to all teams!
You nailed the Central/Petersburg game!

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Final 4 is set. Central Wdstk will bring a large crowd to Roanoke Tuesday night. It should be a great High School ball game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT