Votes: 6 13.3%
  • King George Foxes

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Whoever comes out of 4C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Cinderella Story 👀

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Y’all haven’t been to Darling yet though! Y’all just can’t bring that cannon lol. Y’all boys had Warwick SHOOK when it went off the first time lol

As far as the offense we return the entire Oline and benefit greatly from a 6’5 LT transfer from Woodside. The run game and WRs are stacked up but the huge question is who will play QB. We have a stud freshman but maturity wise he would benefit playing a year of JV. I think the battle will be between a senior transfer and a senior that played WR/S last year. Just hope this scrimmage Thursday against Maury answers that question.

Question for you about Dinwiddie though. I saw them scrimmage Oscar Smith and I’m wondering if y’all graduated y’all WRs from last year? They just didn’t seem like the same kids from state game i saw last year. Either way good luck to y’all in Ohio. A Dinwiddie win on Saturday is a win for the state!
We are extremely young at receiver and yep they made some rookie mistakes during the scrimmage. Coach Mills has repeatedly stated how this group needs to mature quickly. In fact, in his interview with VAPreps, @matthew328826, he specifically addressed these concerns. We will be fine once Dalton is allowed to run his normal RPO's. Dinwiddie went to a heavy package against Oscar Smith for a reason. It may have been boring, but it gave the staff a chance to evaluate/fix things. I have been candid about this team taking a few bumps in the regular season. Glenville and Maury are high level teams and the rest of our schedule is not easy. If the Generals can minimize the early pitfalls and create some depth they will be a factor in the playoffs.

Last edited:
I agree here… but truth be told, Varina could lose to both Freedom and HSHS and still be the best team in class 4. We just won’t know bc of how good those two programs are.

@1MoreHokie I hear you on posters just paying Salem respect via lip service but even if that is true the over all Salem body of work over time is undeniable. Salem is by default the best class 4 program historically. I would love to debate Salem but there is nothing to debate. The road might be easier to get to the title but you still have to win it. From what I am hearing this is the fastest most athletic team Salem has ever fielded. Doesn’t mean it is the best team but certainly have a chance to win it. Would you be disappointed if you don’t make the title game this year? I think you are favorites to come out of the west and likely 50/50 with the east winner. About as good as it gets. I’d take it!
I guess my original post can be summed up by saying Salem is out there looming and they have a lot of great pieces. Dont forget about them.

Can they get better than average line-play? I don't know. But if they do they could be as good or better than anyone.

Reactions: mbonape1
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think on the whole that Salem is seen similar to Clemson whereas Eastern schools are seen in the UGA/UF/Bama vein. People tend to think Salem cruises until the playoffs, plays maybe one semi-difficult C/D team and then just has to get a win in the title and blah blah any given Saturday. Contrast that to the story of A/B teams and you get your SEC narrative where every schedule is murderer's row, so on and so forth. I will certainly concede there is a bit of truth (sometimes more than a bit) to each statement in general.

I think there's a few posters here, chiefly you and DP, who I tend to believe and there's others that I think just pay lip service because Salem's overall body of work as a program is too impossible to "what if" and "but" to death in an argument. I would imagine some Salem fans feel similar. I don't think there's an amount of titles Salem can ever win to flip the narrative of where the best football is played in the state in C4 and I think ultimately some people are capable of ignoring what Salem does in order to maintain this mantra. End of the day it's whatever, I neither expect nor demand everyone to kowtow to Salem as a program, just telling you this is likely what southbottom is saying.
The reality is that even if someone from the east region breathlessly argues that Salem is going to beat the best team in the east (Lake Taylor) in the 2015 championship game that person, most likely, will be ridiculed by SALEM fans who want to play the underdog, disrespected role to Oscar winning proportions. I saved those messages just for today and any day that any Salem fan wants to say otherwise. That is to say; there is no amount of support anyone in the East region could give Salem and ever satisfy a Salem fan. Why anyone thinks a team with that many state titles is not seen is beyond me. Teams from the west did not just start producing monster teams this millennium. GW-Danville was busting heads before any of the kids playing today were born. Salem is a monster football program and should never be discounted.

The reality is that even if someone from the east region breathlessly argues that Salem is going to beat the best team in the east (Lake Taylor) in the 2015 championship game that person, most likely, will be ridiculed by SALEM fans who want to play the underdog, disrespected role to Oscar winning proportions. I saved those messages just for today and any day that any Salem fan wants to say otherwise. That is to say; there is no amount of support anyone in the East region could give Salem and ever satisfy a Salem fan. Why anyone thinks a team with that many state titles is not seen is beyond me. Teams from the west did not just start producing monster teams this millennium. GW-Danville was busting heads before any of the kids playing today were born. Salem is a monster football program and should never be discounted.
Salem folks have a long long memory. They will talk about 1986 game against Glass and the 92 game vs. Richlands. They haven't forgotten the disrespect on this board back in 2014/15. Now most if not all of that is gone. I guess the question being asked is with Dinwiddie Phoebus and Varina being so powerful this year is Salem being overlooked (saw where maxpreps ranks them 18th) . I personally think that those 3 teams have earned the right to be the favorites. Could Salem get to that level?
Possibly, and because of the talent level of a number of players and for historical reasons they deserved to be watched closely.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I guess my original post can be summed up by saying Salem is out there looming and they have a lot of great pieces. Dont forget about them.

Can they get better than average line-play? I don't know. But if they do they could be as good or better than anyone.
1000% agree

Although I'm a Battlefield District/Commonwealth District/Fredericksburg-area loyalist, it will be tempting to go watch a Phoebus/Dinwiddie state semifinal as a Neutral. I doubt we will have any schools from up our way in the state semifinals anyway so that will make choosing a game to go to that weekend extremely easy.

Although I'm a Battlefield District/Commonwealth District/Fredericksburg-area loyalist, it will be tempting to go watch a Phoebus/Dinwiddie state semifinal as a Neutral. I doubt we will have any schools from up our way in the state semifinals anyway so that will make choosing a game to go to that weekend extremely easy.
I wouldn't count King George out! They are a very capable team and although the Foxes will only be moderately challenged in the regular season I strongly believe they can make a run. Heck, barring an upset they should be undefeated and a #1 or #2 seed in region b. Eastern View will also likely be a 9-1 or 8-2 team and a top five seed. Things aren't all bad up north.

Reactions: cavaliers91
Don't forget about who won 4D last year.. Y'all remember EC Glass? They might have a new coach and staff, but they have a lot of good pieces in the Junior and Senior classes. Should pick up where they left off last year. They looked pretty good against Highland Springs and Dinwiddie.

A few highlights from the EC Glass, Highland Springs and Dinwiddie scrimmage. As previously stated all three teams performed well.

Reactions: lyhsports
I wouldn't count King George out! They are a very capable team and although the Foxes will only be moderately challenged in the regular season I strongly believe they can make a run. Heck, barring an upset they should be undefeated and a #1 or #2 seed in region b. Eastern View will also likely be a 9-1 or 8-2 team and a top five seed. Things aren't all bad up north.
Shoot KG gotta watch out for Varina 😂 I see Varina as the 4-5 seed this year. That’s gonna be a hell of a second round matchup between them and Dinwiddie/KG.

• Wow
Reactions: mbonape1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT