ADVERTISEMENT

Reading between the lines...

Desks six feet apart, classes reduced in size to fit this and staggered to a longer day (staggered arrival time) and on Saturdays, same with the cafeteria/ spacing and more lunch periods to accommodate (10-1 for lunch), and have some classes ( non science that does not require labs) remain in the same classroom and only have the teachers move about.
And the problem is parents will complain no matter what's done.

And the problem is parents will complain no matter what's done.
I just don’t want to hear any more bullshit about who’s getting a better education. Parents still have to work. So how many kids, From single-parent homes, do you think are going to sit in front of a computer for eight hours without parent supervision to take their classes at home? Remember,it’s against the law for a child to be at home by themselves under the age of 12, So a lot of parents will have to quit their jobs. Pick your poison!

That's actually who we're referring to, your fearless leader.
It’s actually referring to Biden! But I’ll be glad to have Biden as president so he can raise taxes and a lot of people lose their home so I can laugh.

Ha, coming from the party that always trashes the economy and democrats always have to come and clean it up.

Ha, coming from the party that always trashes the economy and democrats always have to come and clean it up.
Best economy ever and cleaned up Obama’s mess! Remember Obama said the jobs would never coming back and Mr. Trump said abracadabra to that loser! Once again when taxes go up and people start losing their homes I just laugh at them,because I know it’s not me!

Reactions: washwell
Best economy ever and cleaned up Obama’s mess! Remember Obama said the jobs would never coming back and Mr. Trump said abracadabra to that loser! Once again when taxes go up and people start losing their homes I just laugh at them,because I know it’s not me!
Lol this is literally all brainwashed lies. Every sensible person knows Bush helped perpetuate the Great Recession, Obama recovered us from it, Trump inherited what Obama did, and now look, the economy is worse. And it didn't have to be this bad if smart people were in charge right now. Instead we have a dumb, failed businessman helping bankrupt the economy like he bankrupted countless businesses. But as long as he stays out of jail, it's cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: CVAfootballfan
@WP02alum I’m not sure what level of education you work in so you may already know this, but the high school students faired pretty well on their virtual learning. You’d also be surprised at the # of students who didn’t. The at risk seniors had a gift this year and some still didn’t make the cut.

Not wanting to ID myself too much because there’s some absolute crazies on here. But I can say I teach at a school in the Richmond Metro region that was formerly classified as AAA under the A, AA, AAA system. My classes consisted of majority students not participating in weekly/daily learning. Just submitting assignments by final deadlines. The least engaged kids in-person were the same ones who didn’t turn in anything virtually.

You’re right that some of the at-risk kids were gifted their 4th Quarter grades (in some cases even more than that!). And some of them just couldn’t be bothered to do one ounce of any schoolwork once they were outside the building. It was clear in my classes that those kids are the ones without much structural support at home.

Well, well, figured I'd drop back in to see if everyone is enjoying watching their spring/summer waste away due to this nonsense?

I see the Three Stooges + One are still up and mouthing as always, interesting to see that one is a Salem fan which would explain why certain posts magically used to disappear... But just digging through everything, I cant see one negative post from any of them about the lack of social distancing or lack of masks being worn at the riots...er..."protests". Strange. But, indeed, it seems that "king" Northam forgot all about that mandate as well and encouraged such behavior, as did the medical community as a whole. But now that things are calming back down, dont worry, we get to be blamed for the "second wave"...

By the way, it's awful what happened to George Floyd. It's even worse what happened to the black business owners in Minneapolis and other cities as those were the areas that were targeted. By mostly white kids wouldnt you know?.. little ANTIFA punks that they are. Where does this end? When does this end? I know that answer, do you?

And nope, you're not going to get football this year. Sorry. Til next time.

@iDidntGetBanned hope you're doing well. We made that trip down to Raleigh last weekend. I'm still up in the air on it.

Last edited:
@mmqp what’s up bro, I been laying low in Arlington LOL! We’ve traded places. I saw that Raleigh is dang near completely open but they are rebelling at the new mask requirement. I hope to be down that way next week. Thinking about going down to Wrightsville Beach if I don’t go to Ocean City.

Reactions: mmqp
@mmqp what’s up bro, I been laying low in Arlington LOL! We’ve traded places. I saw that Raleigh is dang near completely open but they are rebelling at the new mask requirement. I hope to be down that way next week. Thinking about going down to Wrightsville Beach if I don’t go to Ocean City.

Good to hear from you! Lol, enjoy the easy drives up here while they last!! You know how it is normally. We've tried to take as much advantage of the empty roads as we can. Hope you were able to find an open seat at these restaurants, we're not having any luck. It was so nice to sit down at a restaurant in NC. I forgot how much I missed that time with my family. And yea, I'm starting to see a little rebellion going on here as well shockingly, I think I counted a half dozen people in the local target without masks, or with masks around their chins today. I've been quite the influence I suppose <eyeroll>.

I'm really starting to miss sports now. I could handle it in early to mid Spring, but now.. .. I'm probably one of 5 people in the world who watches Major League Lacrosse and one of the maybe two dozen Americans who actually watches the CFL. I miss watching my beloved Alouettes. How are things down your way?

Last edited:
Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
This just isn't going to work. A local youth baseball league in Martinsburg WV just had to suspend two teams due to Covid. One kid contracted it while at the beach for senior week. Apparently he had been in contact with the 2 teams in the league prior to leaving for the beach so both teams are suspended for 2 weeks. Unfortunately I have a feeling this is going to be a constant thing across rec leagues and high schools that return to play.

https://www.journal-news.net/journa...cle_27b00815-d876-50f4-b340-b0fd0523ecda.html

Good to hear from you! Lol, enjoy the easy drives up here while they last!! You know how it is normally. We've tried to take as much advantage of the empty roads as we can. Hope you were able to find an open seat at these restaurants, we're not having any luck. It was so nice to sit down at a restaurant in NC. I forgot how much I missed that time with my family. And yea, I'm starting to see a little rebellion going on here as well shockingly, I think I counted a half dozen people in the local target without masks, or with masks around their chins today. I've been quite the influence I suppose <eyeroll>.

I'm really starting to miss sports now. I could handle it in early to mid Spring, but now.. .. I'm probably one of 5 people in the world who watches Major League Lacrosse and one of the maybe two dozen Americans who actually watches the CFL. I miss watching my beloved Alouettes. How are things down your way?
Things are good bro! Hopefully the gyms open back up soon. I haven’t seen a basketball court in 3 months :confused: MLB and NBA starting up in 4 weeks so I’ll be good with that until football starts!

Reactions: mmqp
Things are good bro! Hopefully the gyms open back up soon. I haven’t seen a basketball court in 3 months :confused: MLB and NBA starting up in 4 weeks so I’ll be good with that until football starts!

A 60 game season for MLB is going to be interesting. I'm interested to see how the NBA treats their remaining season. Though I'll probably just skip both and wait for football.

When the gyms do open back up I cannot imagine how SLAMMED they're going to be! lol And I cant blame people, it's too damn nice out now to be dealing with this BS any longer.

Yea, I know right? It sure is a shame for whoever that noose was directed at isnt it? Oh no wait, thats not what happened at all is it.. tell us all what really happened. Maybe we can get your fellow clowns to help you out. Roll Call for @WP02alum, @schoolboard , @1MoreHokie

Come on guys. Or will you or @1MoreHokie be a little bitch and go whining to the admins again?

Rent-free.

I love that you think I care enough about this site to complain about anything, although it's clear you care a lot. You're now the second person I've seen who's devolved into posting conspiracy theories about a stupid HS football messageboard, at least you're not alone.

Naw, you just made that post, then deleted it, and reposted it as part of cooking up this conspiracy BS about reporting you.

This is all coming from the dude who said he would lie about having health issues to store employees, that risk their lives serving him so he can shop, to avoid wearing a mask.

What did I ever do to you? I have never addressed you once? Name-calling random people is a sign of dementia. You might want to get that checked. As for Bubba, he first heard about noose when the President of Nascar came to his RV and told him about it, crying, and had already ordered the investigation.

Last edited:
All my posts in this thread have been let's open schools up and play ball. Not exactly liberal opinions.

Desks six feet apart, classes reduced in size to fit this and staggered to a longer day (staggered arrival time) and on Saturdays, same with the cafeteria/ spacing and more lunch periods to accommodate (10-1 for lunch), and have some classes ( non science that does not require labs) remain in the same classroom and only have the teachers move about.
You obviously do not work in education. The longer days and going Saturdays is not a viable option. Parents wouldn't go for it and teachers wouldn't go for it. Especially the teachers...longer days....6 days a week...and for no extra pay AND no raise this year due to massive budget cuts.

Go into a school and tell me the logistical nightmare of desks 6 ft apart. A lot of schools and particularly departments, like science and CTE classes have tables now that seat 2-4 students. 10 kids or less...most classes are 25 or more. So one class is now 2-3, which requires 2-3 extra classrooms and extra teachers. Schools don't have empty classrooms or extra teachers. Keep in mind, budgets have been cut by the millions.

Your cafe idea won't work either. Schools that have 1500-2000+ typically have 4 lunches a day. That's 375-500 students in the cafe at same time. If you try and break that up into smaller groups of under 100, lunch will immediately start after breakfast and run until the end of day. Cafe staff would also be working much longer days for no extra pay.

And finally students remaining in the same room and only teachers moving. How does that work? You have 10 kids in that room and one is in Hnrs English, another DE, another regular. Then one could be Algebra or Algebra 2, or geometry. Not all 9th graders take the same level classes, or 11th graders. Majority of classes have mixed grade levels. Would be impossible at the hs level.

You obviously do not work in education. The longer days and going Saturdays is not a viable option. Parents wouldn't go for it and teachers wouldn't go for it. Especially the teachers...longer days....6 days a week...and for no extra pay AND no raise this year due to massive budget cuts.

Go into a school and tell me the logistical nightmare of desks 6 ft apart. A lot of schools and particularly departments, like science and CTE classes have tables now that seat 2-4 students. 10 kids or less...most classes are 25 or more. So one class is now 2-3, which requires 2-3 extra classrooms and extra teachers. Schools don't have empty classrooms or extra teachers. Keep in mind, budgets have been cut by the millions.

Your cafe idea won't work either. Schools that have 1500-2000+ typically have 4 lunches a day. That's 375-500 students in the cafe at same time. If you try and break that up into smaller groups of under 100, lunch will immediately start after breakfast and run until the end of day. Cafe staff would also be working much longer days for no extra pay.

And finally students remaining in the same room and only teachers moving. How does that work? You have 10 kids in that room and one is in Hnrs English, another DE, another regular. Then one could be Algebra or Algebra 2, or geometry. Not all 9th graders take the same level classes, or 11th graders. Majority of classes have mixed grade levels. Would be impossible at the hs level.
Well, without these recommendations and spreading out of the school day (for 15 years I worked for the Dept. ABC and half those years we all had no raises due to budget problems so boo-hoo on that ), then remote learning will be the primary tool, causing even more scheduling problems for parents and zero extracurricular activities including sports. Pick your choice. Phase 3 will be until a vaccine and it’s requiring social distancing.

Well, without these recommendations and spreading out of the school day (for 15 years I worked for the Dept. ABC and half those years we all had no raises due to budget problems so boo-hoo on that ), then remote learning will be the primary tool, causing even more scheduling problems for parents and zero extracurricular activities including sports. Pick your choice. Phase 3 will be until a vaccine and it’s requiring social distancing.

I work in the public school system and I’ve heard no vaccine, no physical school, multiple times. That’s not from a regular joe in the district either. What you posted in first post (minus the longer days and Saturday’s) was actually a big part of one of our district’s fall proposals. Teachers switching classes (actually science teachers would switch too), moving desks, a modified lunch schedule, etc. @Scarlett_Grey, most of the bigger schools have co-teachers with the larger departments. Now if the school can physically facilitate those students in more classes is a different story. I’m not disagreeing with you, just what I’ve seen my district propose. I actually agree with you Scarlett. All of the high schools in my district has 2 cafeterias (I believe the newer schools may have more) and an outdoor eating area. My district is actually proposing that students bring their lunch back to their class to eat (I know, teachers hate it!) I’ve also seen where school districts are now investing in those hard plastic shields to act as a barrier between students. A lot of restaurants and convenience stores are using them now. These are what they’ll use for those science classes you speak of and classrooms that may not be able to spread desks 6 feet apart. Now how they break these kids up (honors, AP, exceptional ed, etc.) I have no clue! Very good points @Scarlett_Grey

Henry County is the first District to have a set fall plan which is stupid considering we still have a month and some change before employees even have to report back. They are going 2 days in classrooms and 3 days virtually. Lots of parents complaining (which is expected) but I too believe they need more time to develop a better plan. Roanoke, Lynchburg, and even Danville are still in the planning stages in that area. Kuddos to the school divisions who are planning this thing out.

https://www.wsls.com/news/local/202...um=social&utm_campaign=snd&utm_content=wsls10

@Scarlett_Grey this was from WSLS today

“The Roanoke County School Board meets tonight. The administration will present the proposed student schedule for reopening schools. It could also vote to approve the purchase of $168,000 in plexiglass for classrooms.”

For the classrooms that can’t move desks 6 feet apart. Don’t know what some districts will do because of the various budget cuts.

I'm gonna post a little history lesson here, because this whole chinese virus panic and shutdown is just plain stupid. People seem to have forgotten what happened about 10 years ago. There was this virus called H1N1. From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus. Most of those affected were children and young adults. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html

The 2009 H1N1 outbreak was not considered as bad a pandemic as the 1918 H1N1 pandemic.

In the 2009 H1N1 pandemic, nothing got shut down. Nothing. Kids went to school, people went to work, life went on.

Now, fast forward to today: As of today, June 26, 2020 the CDC estimates that in the United States there are 2.4 million cases and 124,329 deaths. Most of those affected are the elderly and those with compromised health or underlying conditions, yet covid-19 was blamed if they happened to die. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

Now, you tell me. 60.8 million cases in 12 months affecting the young and middle aged, we do nothing. 2.4 million cases in 4 or 5 months affecting the elderly and frail of health, we shut down the entire country. WTF?

Politics. smh.:mad:

I'm gonna post a little history lesson here, because this whole chinese virus panic and shutdown is just plain stupid. People seem to have forgotten what happened about 10 years ago. There was this virus called H1N1. From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus. Most of those affected were children and young adults. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html

The 2009 H1N1 outbreak was not considered as bad a pandemic as the 1918 H1N1 pandemic.

In the 2009 H1N1 pandemic, nothing got shut down. Nothing. Kids went to school, people went to work, life went on.

Now, fast forward to today: As of today, June 26, 2020 the CDC estimates that in the United States there are 2.4 million cases and 124,329 deaths. Most of those affected are the elderly and those with compromised health or underlying conditions, yet covid-19 was blamed if they happened to die. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

Now, you tell me. 60.8 million cases in 12 months affecting the young and middle aged, we do nothing. 2.4 million cases in 4 or 5 months affecting the elderly and frail of health, we shut down the entire country. WTF?

Politics. smh.:mad:

Easy:

- Many elderly people had H1N1 antibodies in them from previous exposure to a prior H1N1. This meant fewer elderly dying

- We had effective treatments for H1N1, this negated its lethality. We aren't as lucky with COVID-19, which is why ten times as many Americans are already dead in a few months time compared to what H1N1 did in a year. If you can't figure out that more people dying = take this more seriously then that's a flaw you need to work on yourself.

- H1N1 isn't remotely as contagious. COVID-19 is 4x-5x as contagious; if COVID-19 spread as slowly as H1N1 this would be less of an issue.

- H1N1 doesn't spread as asymptomatic as COVID-19. An enormous part of the problem is tons of people simply don't know they're sick at the time or, especially with young people, might not even know they're sick period. There are going to be people who get antibody tests later and go "I've felt like a million bucks every day this year" yet they're going to have antibodies in them because they carried that virus for awhile.

- Not for nothing but due to very low testing initially as well as the asymptomatic nature, the estimates for COVID will end up being far higher by the time we finish with this thing. It's weird how all you can do is focus on the case numbers (comparing a year to a few months, by the way) and not the staggering difference in loss of life.

If COVID-19 spread slower, spread more openly, if we had treatments, then this year would have been closer to 2009 than 1918. But it's not and so here we are, I'm sorry the death of 125,000+ of your fellow countrymen bother you so much. Cases continue to climb in many parts of the country and more Americans are dying because of this, H1N1's numbers will absolutely pale in comparison to the final toll of COVID-19.

Last edited:
H1N1 = influenza. 12,469 deaths in a year.

COVID-19 = SARS. 125,000 deaths in four months. Hospitalizations hitting their breaking points in NYC, and now Texas, Arizona, etc.

Case closed.

A former VCU basketball player just lost both of his parents to COVID in a matter of weeks. It can cause bloodclots and strokes, which is what happened to his mom. This crap is very real, and very sad. Downplay it all you want, it just shows how much empathy and humanity you have.

Last edited:
I mean:

Italy - 190 cases yesterday
France - 81 cases
Spain - 330 cases
New Zealand - 0 cases
USA - 33,000 cases

And I swear if someone comes here talking about the difference in sizes without doing simple math to realize the % of each population I will make sure everyone else here laughs at your lack of basic education.

Why the difference? Because those countries knew what was at stake, came together as one, and beat COVID down in a matter of months. We proudly stood there and did nothing, a bastion to true individualism and because we did, we'll be dealing with this stuff until we get a vaccine or should I say if we get a vaccine. The rest of the globe sans Brazil is basically laughing at the ineptitude of our people and our leaders and we deserve to be mocked.

I mean:

Italy - 190 cases yesterday
France - 81 cases
Spain - 330 cases
New Zealand - 0 cases
USA - 33,000 cases

And I swear if someone comes here talking about the difference in sizes without doing simple math to realize the % of each population I will make sure everyone else here laughs at your lack of basic education.

Why the difference? Because those countries knew what was at stake, came together as one, and beat COVID down in a matter of months. We proudly stood there and did nothing, a bastion to true individualism and because we did, we'll be dealing with this stuff until we get a vaccine or should I say if we get a vaccine. The rest of the globe sans Brazil is basically laughing at the ineptitude of our people and our leaders and we deserve to be mocked.
So inept is our reaction in some states that the EU is on the verge of adding the US on the banned entry list they are preparing for Their July 1 opening. They are opening, we are in reverse. That bar scene in Ft Worth on the internet was terrible.

Easy:

- Many elderly people had H1N1 antibodies in them from previous exposure to a prior H1N1. This meant fewer elderly dying

- We had effective treatments for H1N1, this negated its lethality. We aren't as lucky with COVID-19, which is why ten times as many Americans are already dead in a few months time compared to what H1N1 did in a year. If you can't figure out that more people dying = take this more seriously then that's a flaw you need to work on yourself.

- H1N1 isn't remotely as contagious. COVID-19 is 4x-5x as contagious; if COVID-19 spread as slowly as H1N1 this would be less of an issue.

- H1N1 doesn't spread as asymptomatic as COVID-19. An enormous part of the problem is tons of people simply don't know they're sick at the time or, especially with young people, might not even know they're sick period. There are going to be people who get antibody tests later and go "I've felt like a million bucks every day this year" yet they're going to have antibodies in them because they carried that virus for awhile.

- Not for nothing but due to very low testing initially as well as the asymptomatic nature, the estimates for COVID will end up being far higher by the time we finish with this thing. It's weird how all you can do is focus on the case numbers (comparing a year to a few months, by the way) and not the staggering difference in loss of life.

If COVID-19 spread slower, spread more openly, if we had treatments, then this year would have been closer to 2009 than 1918. But it's not and so here we are, I'm sorry the death of 125,000+ of your fellow countrymen bother you so much. Cases continue to climb in many parts of the country and more Americans are dying because of this, H1N1's numbers will absolutely pale in comparison to the final toll of COVID-19.
So you're telling me that 2.4 million cases in 5 months (480,000 cases per month) is worse than 60.4 million cases in 12 months (5,033,333 cases per month)? Wow. The numbers of deaths is suspect in COVID-19 because most of the people who have died had underlying conditions. COVID-19 was put as cause of death because hospitals were given money based on the number of COVID-19 cases. And for perspective, cancer kills over 600,000 people per year in the US. https://www.cancer.org/research/can...-facts-figures/cancer-facts-figures-2020.html Now, I mourn the loss of any human being, but when you have a better chance of dying from cancer than this thing...well.

Reactions: Rev_Real
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT