ADVERTISEMENT

The Battlefield for 9 September

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
Week two is done and week three is here already. Week two provided one of the most exciting games I have seen and the outcome nixed one of my predictions. That’s fine with me since my team was involved and I picked against them. They rose to my challenge. Not so sure there will be anything near as exciting of a game this week but one never knows. Let’s set this week up and see what’s in store for us.

Caroline @ Dinwiddie

Caroline is continuing the work hard. Their schedule is just way too tough for them to start a season with. This week it’s Dinwiddie. That just says it’s not getting any easier. The Cavs will play hard but Dinwiddie will get this W. Keep working Caroline!!!! It’s coming!

Chancellor @ Eastern View

What a game! This past Friday Chancellor won a very hard fought game against 5A power, Massaponax. 97 points and over 1100 yards of offense. Just crazy! The real point is the Chargers refused to lose! They showed everyone else in the Battlefield the measure of their resolve. Both of these teams left everything they had on the field! It was a game until the last second ticked off the clock. This week it’s EV. Last year in regular season, Chancellor beat EV 55-28. But EV had a starter out for injury. Then they played again in the first round of the playoffs. EV won that one 28-10 with 5 Chancellor starters out for injury. Chancellor has been intching for redemption ever since! My only concern is EV has not played a real tough opponent yet this year. They won them both but very predictable. So what do they bring to the table? Not sure it’s going to matter much. The Chargers are on a mission and they won’t be denied! Chancellor with the W.

Courtland @ Louisa

Courtland has me puzzled this year. I understand down years but they have yet to find the end zone. That’s a little scary. Sure would like to see them step it up a little. I have faith. The Cougars will get their ducks in a row. Louisa beat a tough opponent in Sherando. Tells me Louisa is Louisa and they are not going to go down easy. I just don’t see Courtland putting together enough to get it done this week. Louisa gets the W.

King George vs Liberty Bealton

King George is another team with two wins that were predictable. I don’t believe that gives a clear picture of what they bring to the table. Liberty Bealton is a tough out on any Friday night. Some think they are a little down from last year but I’m not sure I agree. These two teams are probably as closely matched as you can get and as a result this will be a very good game to see. I’m going to go with Liberty Bealton getting the W. I think they have a little bit more to bring to the table.

James Monroe vs Mannassas Park

JM brought it last week and proved me wrong. They beat York soundly. I don’t believe Mannassas Park has enough to be a really tough match to the Jackets either. Like to say this one will be a better game but I don’t believe it will. The Jackets will get the W.

Spotsylvania @ Culpeper County

This has the makings of a very, very good game. Spotsy is working hard. Culpeper is too. Both of these teams are down this year and are hungry to get a W. Those are games I like to see! They’ll leave it all on the field!!! I’m going to have to go with depth on this one. Culpeper has more than Spotsy and they’ll get the W. Keep working HARD Knights! It’s coming!!

Week three is set. See how fast the season goes! Get out there and get in the stands!!! Every one of these teams deserve your attention. It’ll be the best entertainment you’ve had all week!!!

Good luck to all the Battlefield teams!

Courtland is truly down this year, just way to young and JC is running a very vanilla version of the wing-t. I mean its the same offense, but just scaled back with the plays happening way to slow. The QB is 6'4 and can wing it, but just has not wung it enough, and just does not have enough time to get it off before the defense is on him. The cougar defense is pretty good, but just has to spend way to much time on the field and ultimately wears down as the game goes along. They will challenge Louisa, but they will get worn out tackling the big QB and lose by 2-3 scores. The future is very bright though as they (Cougars) have many talented youngsters in the system. I would like to see JC throw caution out the window and just have fun for the remainder of the season, run the wing-t, but also mix it up and be different for once. I understand he has had many years of success, but this is a great year to just be different or try new formations or ideas! Get your licks in now, they will be back.

Week two is done and week three is here already. Week two provided one of the most exciting games I have seen and the outcome nixed one of my predictions. That’s fine with me since my team was involved and I picked against them. They rose to my challenge. Not so sure there will be anything near as exciting of a game this week but one never knows. Let’s set this week up and see what’s in store for us.

Caroline @ Dinwiddie

Caroline is continuing the work hard. Their schedule is just way too tough for them to start a season with. This week it’s Dinwiddie. That just says it’s not getting any easier. The Cavs will play hard but Dinwiddie will get this W. Keep working Caroline!!!! It’s coming!

Chancellor @ Eastern View

What a game! This past Friday Chancellor won a very hard fought game against 5A power, Massaponax. 97 points and over 1100 yards of offense. Just crazy! The real point is the Chargers refused to lose! They showed everyone else in the Battlefield the measure of their resolve. Both of these teams left everything they had on the field! It was a game until the last second ticked off the clock. This week it’s EV. Last year in regular season, Chancellor beat EV 55-28. But EV had a starter out for injury. Then they played again in the first round of the playoffs. EV won that one 28-10 with 5 Chancellor starters out for injury. Chancellor has been intching for redemption ever since! My only concern is EV has not played a real tough opponent yet this year. They won them both but very predictable. So what do they bring to the table? Not sure it’s going to matter much. The Chargers are on a mission and they won’t be denied! Chancellor with the W.

Courtland @ Louisa

Courtland has me puzzled this year. I understand down years but they have yet to find the end zone. That’s a little scary. Sure would like to see them step it up a little. I have faith. The Cougars will get their ducks in a row. Louisa beat a tough opponent in Sherando. Tells me Louisa is Louisa and they are not going to go down easy. I just don’t see Courtland putting together enough to get it done this week. Louisa gets the W.

King George vs Liberty Bealton

King George is another team with two wins that were predictable. I don’t believe that gives a clear picture of what they bring to the table. Liberty Bealton is a tough out on any Friday night. Some think they are a little down from last year but I’m not sure I agree. These two teams are probably as closely matched as you can get and as a result this will be a very good game to see. I’m going to go with Liberty Bealton getting the W. I think they have a little bit more to bring to the table.

James Monroe vs Mannassas Park

JM brought it last week and proved me wrong. They beat York soundly. I don’t believe Mannassas Park has enough to be a really tough match to the Jackets either. Like to say this one will be a better game but I don’t believe it will. The Jackets will get the W.

Spotsylvania @ Culpeper County

This has the makings of a very, very good game. Spotsy is working hard. Culpeper is too. Both of these teams are down this year and are hungry to get a W. Those are games I like to see! They’ll leave it all on the field!!! I’m going to have to go with depth on this one. Culpeper has more than Spotsy and they’ll get the W. Keep working HARD Knights! It’s coming!!

Week three is set. See how fast the season goes! Get out there and get in the stands!!! Every one of these teams deserve your attention. It’ll be the best entertainment you’ve had all week!!!

Good luck to all the Battlefield teams!
Best game here might be the Liberty at KG game. I have KG winning

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT