ADVERTISEMENT

Louisa vs C'ville

Would like to see Charlottesville do well but hard to see them hanging with the best team in 4A right now. Especially if Louisa has a potent passing attack now.

Not the best team in 4a, just the 3rd best, behind EV and Sherando of course.

Enough of Louisa vs Eastern View neither will play each other in the playoffs. Should be more of how does EV matchup with Monacan or Dinwiddie?

Game day fellas! Hope some minds are blown and some people hop on the Cville bandwagon today! I'm kind of lonely...
Its all about that defense blackknight. If Charlottesville can get that fixed then I can see a difference in some games

Game day fellas! Hope some minds are blown and some people hop on the Cville bandwagon today! I'm kind of lonely...

If you get this win tonight I’ll be riding shotgun with you on that bandwagon after potentially beating Louisa and a tough one point loss to a 1 loss EC Glass team.

You gotta make sure you don’t get overwhelmed early and then it gets interesting from there. Wouldn’t kill ya to go up a score or 2 bc you know Louisa will score heavy at some point

Reactions: blackknight_pride
BKP is a good kid, and a literal genius. He takes Engineering, Honors Chemistry, and Honors Algebra II as a 10th grader! And he's more mature than most of the grown folks on here. But speaking of offensive efficiency and scoring at will, here are some stats he may or may not like. Over the last two games, Louisa's starters have scored a touchdown on all 16 of their offensive possessions, on the ground and through the air, with only one 4th down over those two games. Can Charlottesville be the first team since WA to slow the offense down?

Last edited:
Game will be a blow out. Louisa is good the rest of the JD not so much. Louisa needs a tough game to prepare them for the second round of their region, but I don't see it tonight and definitely not next week. Louisa rolls to 10-0.

Reactions: mbonape1
You had me right up till you said first team since (1-7) WA to slow them down.. I'm not sure that point is the MIC drop you were looking for ;) Go lions!!
Lord Botetourt, a team that beat Blacksburg and gets a ton of praise here for good reasons, had to stop WA at the goal line as time expired to win, and that's with a bunch of WA players cramped out of the game. But that doesn't fit the narrative that the JD is horrible, so it's never mentioned.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
BKP is a good kid, and a literal genius. He takes Engineering, Honors Chemistry, and Honors Algebra II as a 10th grader! And he's more mature than most of the grown folks on here. But speaking of offensive efficiency and scoring at will, here are some stats he may or may not like. Over the last two games, Louisa's starters have scored on all 16 of their offensive possessions, on the ground and through the air, with only one 4th down over those two games. Can Charlottesville be the first team since WA to slow the offense down?

Well thank you! I see you know who I am lol, I ask that you keep my identity a secret. My parents will only let me be on here if my identity is anonymous.

If you get this win tonight I’ll be riding shotgun with you on that bandwagon after potentially beating Louisa and a tough one point loss to a 1 loss EC Glass team.

You gotta make sure you don’t get overwhelmed early and then it gets interesting from there. Wouldn’t kill ya to go up a score or 2 bc you know Louisa will score heavy at some point

I know you're a Glass believer! If our offense can get going I think we can make this a real good game. For us to have a chance, our defense needs to make some stops and our offense needs to score at an extremely efficient rate. Personally, I think the former will be much harder than the later.

I've been thinking about this more and more as the game approaches, and I think this might end up being a decent game.
Last year, I believe Charlottesville was a very similar team to this year. The defense is a tad worse this year, and the offense is a tad better I would say. That being said, Louisa is definitely improved since last years game. Bell went out with an ankle injury halfway through the fourth when it was a one score game I believe, so that could have been the difference. My point is, what happened last year was it was a shootout. It was 28-24 at the end of the first quarter. And Charlottesville won by 14. But, add the fact that our defense is worse and Louisa's offense is better and is not injured, then I think that deficit is erased. There's also the fact that Louisa's defense is improved and they're at home looking for revenge. All of that points to a Louisa win. I think a shootout is highly likely, and a close game will be the result.

Reactions: mbonape1
Again I rest my case. Louisa is strong this year and have stayed healthy but everyone else is bad bad bad. I did not think Louisa would stay healthy throughout the year but they have. They maybe a tougher out in the region than I thought, BUT I am sceptical because the JD is bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT