ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern View 11-0 @ Dinwiddie 11-0

Who wins

• Dinwiddie

Votes: 52 65.0%
  • EV

Votes: 28 35.0%

• Total voters
On behalf of Bleeding Navy, we hope you EV folks on Preps, (as well as any other Preps members that attend our game), will stop and introduce yourselves to us.

Navy and I will be in or around the press booth well before the game, (and well after, usually). Just come by, if we are not just outside the door, knock and we will answer. BN is in charge of media relations, (and I'm his whipping boy). So we don't wander far. If you are a credentialed media member and attending this game, please contact Bleeding Navy and he will get you set-up with a media pass.

TO ALL YOU GOOD FOLKS FROM EV:

If any of you have questions, such as the best route to the field, best time to get there to get a good parking spot, nearby resturaunts, etc., please message myself or Bleeding Navy, and we will help in any way we can.

It's not a big deal, but this can be a little confusing if you are unaware. The football field is not at the high school, but directly across from the high school behind the middle school. Trust me, it's so close we use the high school for overflow parking. We utilize a single entrance to the parking lot at the stadium, and there are numerous Sheriff's Deputies and others that keep the in coming traffic moving as efficiently as possible.

I'm told that EV will have tickets for pre-sale at their school starting Wednesday.

Additionally, tickets can be purchased online. I'll post the website in an edit shortly. The ticket service charges $1 per ticket, so it will cost you $9 instead of $8 if you use this on-line service. But one of the benefits is that there is a gate exclusively for pre-sold and on-line tickets, so the wait to get in is minimal.

We do wand everyone, so check you pockets and bags to make sure you don't have anything that they may ask you to take back to your car. We are very sensible here at Dinwiddie, so cow bells are permitted. ;) Of course, there is a 5 million dollar, non-refundable, cash deposit to bring your cowbell in. I will be personally collecting this deposit. (Don't laugh, I only need one person to fall for it).

We look forward to having you as our guest, and again, if BN or myself can assist you, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

:( Cancelled the trip. Wasn't pleasure, so not too big of a deal. Just disappointed I missed that. I thought about trying to expedite it, but wasn't sure I could pull it off for a Monday meeting. The 6 hr time change makes that tough. Too many things going on to try and do that fast, Trump might not let me back in.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud

Sorry, DP, I hit the post before I wrote, I told you last year, surely you dont remember that I came up there from South Hill for the playoff games. Was back last night and it didnt disappoint. I had a 16 yr old with me who got his first experience with the canon, lol. We went on the Huguenot side to start the game just to let him feel the roar closer. We kept telling him we had a surprise, but he had no clue. Again, good times and hope to make it back next week!!!

Sorry, DP, I hit the post before I wrote, I told you last year, surely you dont remember that I came up there from South Hill for the playoff games. Was back last night and it didnt disappoint. I had a 16 yr old with me who got his first experience with the canon, lol. We went on the Huguenot side to start the game just to let him feel the roar closer. We kept telling him we had a surprise, but he had no clue. Again, good times and hope to make it back next week!!!
Absolutely I remember you coming up last year. Thanks for the positive comments. I'm sorry we didn't have a better crowd. I guess circumstances kept a good many home in the warmth.

I feel real confident that the crowd will be much larger and much louder this week. On both sides of the field.

Hey, I hear that cannon every week, and it still catches me off guard at least once each game. We've got several ideas in the works for next year, and a really terrific idea for even further down the road. The only clue I can give for this one is that no other school in Virginia has done it before.

My other idea that got turned down involved Bleeding Navy. I proposed dropping BN, while he was wearing his Euorpean Speedo, into a five gallon bucket of water sitting on the 50 yard line, from 500', from a hovering helicopter. What shot this idea down was that we couldn't find a pilot willing to be in the same helicopter with Navy while he was wearing his Speedo.

Be sure to come by the press booth this week if you make it to the game. I'll be looking for you.

Absolutely I remember you coming up last year. Thanks for the positive comments. I'm sorry we didn't have a better crowd. I guess circumstances kept a good many home in the warmth.

I feel real confident that the crowd will be much larger and much louder this week. On both sides of the field.

Hey, I hear that cannon every week, and it still catches me off guard at least once each game. We've got several ideas in the works for next year, and a really terrific idea for even further down the road. The only clue I can give for this one is that no other school in Virginia has done it before.

My other idea that got turned down involved Bleeding Navy. I proposed dropping BN, while he was wearing his Euorpean Speedo, into a five gallon bucket of water sitting on the 50 yard line, from 500', from a hovering helicopter. What shot this idea down was that we couldn't find a pilot willing to be in the same helicopter with Navy while he was wearing his Speedo.

Be sure to come by the press booth this week if you make it to the game. I'll be looking for you.

While not @BleedingNavy, back the last time Louisa was really good (2006 maybe), I remember going there for Regional final game against Harrisonburg. That was back with the big jungle feel, this was a Saturday afternoon. Had the Lion, and they had the Regional trophy dropped at midfield. I can't remember if it was helicopter that did it or someone gliding out of helicopter. But was very neat. I think it was the trophy lowered by copter

I dont get the underdog thing. All four teams are unbeaten which is no easy feat and well earned.

Quit playing the poor me/disrespect game. I havent heard one Monacan or Dinwiddie fan say their team was going to destroy their opponent. I would bet you the players and coaching staffs from these four teams believe they can win and so do I. No one stands tall above the other.

Instead of talking moral or psychology maybe, one of you EV or Louisa fans can actually tell us how you intend to attack your opponents weaknesses.

Oh I think the Lions can win. My post was just more in response to how great the weekend is. Both EV and Louisa get a chance to prove they belong with no more buts or ifs. In my first year of really posting, Iactually think the Dinwiddie and Monacan posters are my favorite people on here. Knowledge, friendly, confident, but not arrogant or ignorant.

Oh I think the Lions can win. My post was just more in response to how great the weekend is. Both EV and Louisa get a chance to prove they belong with no more buts or ifs. In my first year of really posting, Iactually think the Dinwiddie and Monacan posters are my favorite people on here. Knowledge, friendly, confident, but not arrogant or ignorant.
Not to take anything away from those fans you mentioned but you missed out on some great people on here from the early 2000s. You rarely find any good people on here anymore without someone getting in their feelings. DP and BN have never got butt hurt on here and they offer great insight into any matchup.

What Louisa did back then worked well for them. They started with basically an empty stadium on Friday nights, and built something that became a "can't miss" weekly event. Now that I know the whole story, my opinion of what the "Show" at the Jungle became, changed completely.

It helps to remember what works for one community, would be a total disaster in another. Some school's Friday Night game closely resembles a big time college game. And other schools games are close in resemblance to what Joe Friday said, "just the facts, ma'am." (I can hear the younger guys googling Joe Friday already).

We looked into having a skydiver bring in the game ball a couple of years ago, for a playoff game. The liability coverage, even for just a single jump, was cost prohibitive. I would be curious to hear the details of how other schools have gotten around this problem.

Evcyc, why do keep referring to me regarding 804 comments. I have not said one negative thing about EV or Louisa, nor have I mentioned anything about the 804 athletes. Please stop putting DSH words on me. He is a friend and is giving you his honest opinion, but I will not talk crap about a team I do not know well. EV IS GOOD AND IS NOT BEING TAKEN LIGHTLY!

To be honest, I am concerned about containing Hunter and your rb. Its no secret who we think can cause us trouble. The reason we like playing against big lineman comment was solely based on the fact that we generally get good penetration with our quickness. Our linebacker group is very talented. They have only allowed one rb to gain over 100 yards and that was Ramsey from Salem.

Can we stop your running game? The heck if I know, but this group has faced three all state rb's who have D1 offers and snuffed them all. Does that matter? No, but it prove that things will not be easy for EV.

I am not sure how we will game plan for your offense, but I surely wouldnt let Hunter beat us. I say play the run, push up on your reveivers and force the EV qb to beat us deep.

Offensively, Dinwiddie will force EV to stop the inside run. We will mix in a few jet sweeps, stretch plays, qb draws and screens. We know your db's are talented, so we will be precise with our passing game.

People on both ends of the spectrum disagree with me, but I dont see either team putting up a ton of points. I guess we will see Friday.

Thank you OC. I don't know that you are completely correct about me and my buddy, but we try hard to stay civil.

There are still a lot of good folks on here. Maybe not like it was back then, but still a lot of good folks.

Not to overlook anyone, but I'll tell you a gentleman that has my utmost respect. Chilwar25. What a super person he is. I could name many more, but I would accidentally leave someone out.

Reactions: OCBoy

All sounds good man. I thought the crowd was low, kind of surprised me but all good. Thats as cold as Ive been at a game in a while. So, I dont know you, so just come by the press box and ask for are you DinwiddieProud? LOL Cause most people up there are Dinwiddie proud. I will surely try to stop by, I got there about 6:30 last night so I will try to get there a little earlier and say hello. Thanks again.

Ok guys....enough of the opinions on players. Give me some final score predictions.

On behalf of Bleeding Navy, we hope you EV folks on Preps, (as well as any other Preps members that attend our game), will stop and introduce yourselves to us.

Navy and I will be in or around the press booth well before the game, (and well after, usually). Just come by, if we are not just outside the door, knock and we will answer. BN is in charge of media relations, (and I'm his whipping boy). So we don't wander far. If you are a credentialed media member and attending this game, please contact Bleeding Navy and he will get you set-up with a media pass.

TO ALL YOU GOOD FOLKS FROM EV:

If any of you have questions, such as the best route to the field, best time to get there to get a good parking spot, nearby resturaunts, etc., please message myself or Bleeding Navy, and we will help in any way we can.

It's not a big deal, but this can be a little confusing if you are unaware. The football field is not at the high school, but directly across from the high school behind the middle school. Trust me, it's so close we use the high school for overflow parking. We utilize a single entrance to the parking lot at the stadium, and there are numerous Sheriff's Deputies and others that keep the in coming traffic moving as efficiently as possible.

I'm told that EV will have tickets for pre-sale at their school starting Wednesday.

Additionally, tickets can be purchased online. I'll post the website in an edit shortly. The ticket service charges $1 per ticket, so it will cost you $9 instead of $8 if you use this on-line service. But one of the benefits is that there is a gate exclusively for pre-sold and on-line tickets, so the wait to get in is minimal.

We do wand everyone, so check you pockets and bags to make sure you don't have anything that they may ask you to take back to your car. We are very sensible here at Dinwiddie, so cow bells are permitted. ;) Of course, there is a 5 million dollar, non-refundable, cash deposit to bring your cowbell in. I will be personally collecting this deposit. (Don't laugh, I only need one person to fall for it).

We look forward to having you as our guest, and again, if BN or myself can assist you, don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Hell, I might forgo my game to come down for some of this nice Dinwiddie humanity and attention!! You folks are so nice and accommodating, I might buy me a piece of land there and set up camp!

It’s a long 2 hour ride like Lafayette was and that is not easy. It’s grass, does EV play on grass? Other than that and Dinwiddie has a great team I don’t see a huge advantage at this level of playing at their field. Weather right now is suppose to good and a lot warmer.
Their 2 DT's rotate series playing right guard on the o-line (#60 & 77)

Evcyc, why do keep referring to me regarding 804 comments. I have not said one negative thing about EV or Louisa, nor have I mentioned anything about the 804 athletes. Please stop putting DSH words on me. He is a friend and is giving you his honest opinion, but I will not talk crap about a team I do not know well. EV IS GOOD AND IS NOT BEING TAKEN LIGHTLY!

To be honest, I am concerned about containing Hunter and your rb. Its no secret who we think can cause us trouble. The reason we like playing against big lineman comment was solely based on the fact that we generally get good penetration with our quickness. Our linebacker group is very talented. They have only allowed one rb to gain over 100 yards and that was Ramsey from Salem.

Can we stop your running game? The heck if I know, but this group has faced three all state rb's who have D1 offers and snuffed them all. Does that matter? No, but it prove that things will not be easy for EV.

I am not sure how we will game plan for your offense, but I surely wouldnt let Hunter beat us. I say play the run, push up on your reveivers and force the EV qb to beat us deep.

Offensively, Dinwiddie will force EV to stop the inside run. We will mix in a few jet sweeps, stretch plays, qb draws and screens. We know your db's are talented, so we will be precise with our passing game.

People on both ends of the spectrum disagree with me, but I dont see either team putting up a ton of points. I guess we will see Friday.

Sorry missed this.. Nope I was only having fun with DSH, I mentioned you to answer your question about the match up or weaknesses. None of the 804 stuff was to you. I roll my eyes when a region gets all the props just for being in the region. I'm sure DSH is a fine person. It's the concept of because they live here they are better.. I think this board went over this last year with country boys vs city folk if I remember the theme right.

Things will not only not be easy for us, I expect they will be difficult at best. I understand the quickness of a D line vs a Big line. There's a good and bad with it though. If the big lineman are just big (fill in fat if you want), they are easy, even if they get their paws on you they don't do much. But if the big linemen are something different than fat... The line play in this game should be fun.
The way you describe the offense is exactly who EV is. I have said it before, these 2 teams are VERY similar in style of play.
The QB's is where I see the biggest difference and only to the fact that EV's QB has not had to win games or be dynamic with his feet. Can he be, absolutely!
The only thing that will surprise me in this game is if one team dominates it. I just don't see it happening. I think this game could go either way, but consider EV the underdog for many reasons.
I'll finish with this, EV is judged on what they have not had to do, with the idea that they can't do it. Just because you have never seen a dog bite doesn't mean he won't.

Sorry missed this.. Nope I was only having fun with DSH, I mentioned you to answer your question about the match up or weaknesses. None of the 804 stuff was to you. I roll my eyes when a region gets all the props just for being in the region. I'm sure DSH is a fine person. It's the concept of because they live here they are better.. I think this board went over this last year with country boys vs city folk if I remember the theme right.

Things will not only not be easy for us, I expect they will be difficult at best. I understand the quickness of a D line vs a Big line. There's a good and bad with it though. If the big lineman are just big (fill in fat if you want), they are easy, even if they get their paws on you they don't do much. But if the big linemen are something different than fat... The line play in this game should be fun.
The way you describe the offense is exactly who EV is. I have said it before, these 2 teams are VERY similar in style of play.
The QB's is where I see the biggest difference and only to the fact that EV's QB has not had to win games or be dynamic with his feet. Can he be, absolutely!
The only thing that will surprise me in this game is if one team dominates it. I just don't see it happening. I think this game could go either way, but consider EV the underdog for many reasons.
I'll finish with this, EV is judged on what they have not had to do, with the idea that they can't do it. Just because you have never seen a dog bite doesn't mean he won't.

Lot of good replys in this thread. @BleedingNavy hit on some great points and I see this game being very similar to Dinwiddie-Lafayette last year as well as he predicted. I've seen them both twice. EV vs Orange and JM, Dinwiddie vs Salem and Dale. Offensively they are mirror images. They both appear to want to run you off the field but if you load the box, they'll go to the air and take what you give them. EV has the best secondary I've seen. Dinwiddie's Pope and Tyree make for the best LB core I've seen. The DL's are probably a push, both physical and relentless. I'd give edge to Dinwiddie for two reasons, they are playing at home and they'll have the best player on the field, K'Vaughn Pope. I can't wait to see Pope vs Hunter in the screen game, interested to see if Hunter can put Pope on skates like he does everyone else. Any other year, this EV team would be a shoe in for the state finals but I just think Dinwiddie is on a mission this year after falling short last season. I'll take the Generals in a thriller, 21-17.

Lot of good replys in this thread. @BleedingNavy hit on some great points and I see this game being very similar to Dinwiddie-Lafayette last year as well as he predicted. I've seen them both twice. EV vs Orange and JM, Dinwiddie vs Salem and Dale. Offensively they are mirror images. They both appear to want to run you off the field but if you load the box, they'll go to the air and take what you give them. EV has the best secondary I've seen. Dinwiddie's Pope and Tyree make for the best LB core I've seen. The DL's are probably a push, both physical and relentless. I'd give edge to Dinwiddie for two reasons, they are playing at home and they'll have the best player on the field, K'Vaughn Pope. I can't wait to see Pope vs Hunter in the screen game, interested to see if Hunter can put Pope on skates like he does everyone else. Any other year, this EV team would be a shoe in for the state finals but I just think Dinwiddie is on a mission this year after falling short last season. I'll take the Generals in a thriller, 21-17.

That's a good post right there.

Reactions: washwell

So it seems fitting it’s country boys vs country boys this week

Reactions: mbonape1
Dinwiddie was 1 of only 2 teams to hold 6A Thomas Dale to under 250 yds rushing. They held them to 123. Hermitage was the other holding them to 112.

What did Smithfield do so well to score so many against dinwiddie. Was it first game jitters or what?

What did Smithfield do so well to score so many against dinwiddie. Was it first game jitters or what?
First and foremost, the Smithfield QB Willie Drew is a hell of a QB. When given enough time, he can pick anyone's backfield apart. We played man most of the game and their receivers just beat our defenders. Usually, when we rushed the QB and he had to throw early, he struggled a bit. But, if he found the time, he laid it on the money.

Dinwiddie has since changed a few personnel around and have drastically improved their pass coverage.

But Smithfield earned their points via quality execution. KF better not be looking past the Packers. They are capable of pulling the upset.

Reactions: 1Gensfan and OCBoy
Good news sports fans. My eye in the sky just reported OCboy will be making the trip to Dinwiddie on Friday. Drive safe sir and I look forward to meeting you.

I have been trying to get my hands on as much video as possible, but have to admit EV keeps a tight reign on things. One area of importance that has not been discussed is special teams play. Obviously both teams have sound kick returning games which could and will likely play a major role in this game. I tend to believe there will be defensive stops, so punting will also be a factor. Dinwiddie's punter Todd Anspach is an above average high school punter and gets good hang time. Punt team coverage for the Generals is usually sound, so I am sure we will not take too many chances and play the field position game. Anspach is also our kicker and he is has extremely consistent on xp's and fg's. He kicks about 50% of his kickoffs into the end zone, so hopefully he can eliminate the very dangerous EV return game after any scores.

Anybody have any details about EV's special teams. Heck none of us are coaches on here, so spread the news. By the way, if you have any stats or know how i can access EV's stats please let me know. I am preparing my media packet and would love to give the Cyclone players some coverage if possible. Already have the official roster.

Last edited:
Good news sports fans. My eye in the sky just reported OCboy will be making the trip to Dinwiddie on Friday. Drive safe sir and I look forward to meeting you.

I have been trying to get my hands on as much video as possible, but have to admit EV keeps a tight reign on things. One area of importance that has not been discussed is special teams play. Obviously both teams have sound kick returning games which could and will likely play a major role in this game. I tend to believe there will be defensive stops, so punting will also be a factor. Dinwiddie's punter Todd Anspach is an above average high school punter and gets good hang time. Punt team coverage for the Generals is usually sound, so I am sure we will not take too many chances and play the field position game. Anspach is also our kicker and he is has extremely consistent on xp's and fg's. He kicks about 50% of his kickoffs into the end zone, so hopefully he can eliminate the very dangerous EV return game after any scores.

Anybody have any details about EV's special teams. Heck none of us are coaches on here, so spread the news. By the way, if you have any stats or know how i can access EV's stats please let me know. I am preparing my media packet and would love to give the Cyclone players some coverage if possible. Already have the official roster.
This article link will give you some EV stats: http://www.starexponent.com/sports/...cle_bb678eec-1ec4-5f04-b961-5c8fb92d08ea.html
EV special teams are somewhat of a question mark. I'm not sure if they've even lined up for a FG all year. I do know they block a few punts and barely missed on several...but of course that wasn't against Dinwiddie.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Thanks for the link, but why the apparent sarcasm? We had a pooch punt blocked last week and Salem blocked a fg in our game with them this year. Its high school football. Bad snap, great rush, poor blocking it happens. I may be totally wrong, but you appear to keep trying to push buttons hoping for a reaction. Not going to get it from me. Two darn good teams butting heads on Friday night. The kids will settle it on the field.

Lol I don't think he was poking. I'm sure he doesn't even know Dinwiddie had those happen. He simply was saying we blocked punts against less quality teams. Which we do.. but you say you have punt protection issues hmm interesting... We have good special teams, I don't even think we have a punter though.. will we need a punter?

Reactions: mbonape1
Lol I don't think he was poking. I'm sure he doesn't even know Dinwiddie had those happen. He simply was saying we blocked punts against less quality teams. Which we do.. but you say you have punt protection issues hmm interesting... We have good special teams, I don't even think we have a punter though.. will we need a punter?
That's exactly what I was saying. I'm assuming Dinwiddie has better protection for their punter than say Caroline. Ease up their big fella.

It's all good.. I'm trying to figure out if this will be an offensive game or defensive game. I think both defenses are very good, but the offenses have soo many weapons. My gut says low score.. It will be what 40 degrees. so not too cold..

I think it will be big plays. It may be hard for these guys to not be too aggressive and over-pursue, especially early on. I think the 2nd half of this game will be very good. (hopefully)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT