ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern View 11-0 @ Dinwiddie 11-0

Who wins

• Dinwiddie

Votes: 52 65.0%
  • EV

Votes: 28 35.0%

• Total voters
Nice post Culpgrad. Was not asking for boasting. Just wanted to have some fun through educated debates. I enjoy witty people who can go toe to toe without crossing the line. I talked to the pbs station in culpeper this morning the broadcast will be taped delay. Tried to get him to do it live. Sorry!

Congrats to Culpeper. The 3b region is not one of the strongest in class 3. Your Blue Devils could win it all!
They normally alternate between Culpeper and EV games. They are never live. They normally air by the Sunday after the game.

I guess VHHS. He played both ways last year, but an ankle injury in the first quarter in the second game has certainly played a factor in his offensive reps. K'Vaughan can be a game changer. He is not superman, but he has been a darn good player for four years. He played very little defense his first two years and virtually no offense this season. Here are his current and career stats. Not bragging just showing his diversity and impact on our team.

2017: (7 games) rushing - 1/12 yards 1 td, receiving - 4/54 1 td, 71 tackles 15 tfl, 3 sacks, 1 int (td), 1 bock punt (td), 2 fumbles (1td) and 1 punt return 35 yards.

Career: rushing - 18/179 4 tds, receiving - 103/1,787 14 tds, tackles - 246, 55 tfl, 7 ints (3 tds), 11 sacks, 8 fumbles (2 tds), 4 blocked punts (2 tds), 2 blocked fgs, 1 85 yard kickoff return td.

Here I sit in my treestand this morning watching the squirrels at play and reading VaPreps on my smart phone. I certainly appreciate the calm demeanors being shown today! Kind of the calm before the storm Friday night! Just FYI; I was not stirring any pot. I just made an observation that many were condemning EV to a certain death at the hands of their opponent this Friday night. Now someone disputes that...so I decided to re-read the posts in this thread (as suggested) and found some interesting posts that may paint a slightly different picture...

So let’s start here:
“us Generals fans are pretty humble”. Okay most probably are, some not so much: “Dinwiddie will stop EV I will guarantee that…”; ““Yes I do think that EV has to play their best game...we do not”: “I do prefer a little smack talk…”;“Those results are hysterical”; “Dinwiddie is sitting on a sports car that they haven't brought out of the garage yet. IF they need to, they will bring it out.”

Now about this one:
“Quit playing the poor me/disrespect game. I havent heard one Monacan or Dinwiddie fan say their team was going to destroy their opponent.”;;

Well, maybe they have:
“Dinwiddie by 21-28 maybe running clock if they play great”; “Fact is, if EV played in the Central District, y’all would be doing good to finish 3rd.. Very lucky to crack the top 4 in the Capital and Dominion Districts. Truth hurts man.” (not from a Dinwiddie fan but some Dinwiddie folks liked it so…); “If EV were to go down and knock of the Goliath then it would be a major upset.”;

And the I am only trying to be nice comments?
“Actually just another thing for you sad sacks to cry about…”;“you appear to keep trying to push buttons hoping for a reaction. Not going to get it from me…”. Are these contradictory?

And the transitive theory is somehow convoluted by a few:
“Please don't use last either”; “Since realignment Dinwiddie is 10-0 at home in the playoffs and EV is 0-4 on the road in the playoffs”; “has EV even been tested yet this season game as an example?”; “No offense EV fans...but when the best team you've played is Courtland....not much else to say.”.

My position is this: This is HS football and tradition has to start somewhere. Gretna went 0-for-basically-a-decade and then, out of nowhere, won something like 5 state championships in 10 years. EV at Dinwiddie is not about the history of both schools...it is about the 2017 teams.

Someone asked for EV fans to post why EV will win. I have a simple answer, I think they will score more points! Why? They have scored over 50 points in every frigging game this year! But I have not seen Dinwiddie play and am at a disadvantage to those who have seen both...not on tape but in real time.

I know this post may be perceived as being combative...I hope it is not...just pointing out a few fallacies. I have 3 HS teams I follow in 4A and 2A. I hope the best for them each year.

I do have a friendly wager for BleedingNavy...If EV wins, you change your avatar to "EV" for the rest of 2017; I'll reciprocate if Dinwiddie wins.

I never said I was one of the humble posters, I think it’s more fun to state what I feel and see, and that is the generals are much more prepared for the moment. I stand by the margin of victory I posted 21 at least. Maybe not all Dinwiddie fans feel as I do but if the game is within 14 in the 4th I’d be surprised but again that is me not anyone else. I know how good the generals are and believe they are the team to beat in 4a (the team that beat smith 2 weeks ago has my radar up). I don’t care you avg 50 a game blah blah blah your schedule is weak period. Dinwiddie is constantly trying to strengthen their ODS ( Smithfield, Salem, Hanover, Monacan) your telling me over the last couple of cycles y’all couldn’t find a team with a winning record to play maybe a team that usually makes the playoffs. Dinwiddie has avg (without the exact math) 40-50 a game for the last 10 yrs. Oh and their defense has been one of the best in 4a (top 5-10) for the last 5 yrs. So as the new kids on the block you have to prove your ready to be the man. It’s the same things we heard on here in 2013 but unlike those 757 teams that talked the talk the COUNTRY BOYS are ready.

He
I never said I was one of the humble posters, I think it’s more fun to state what I feel and see, and that is the generals are much more prepared for the moment. I stand by the margin of victory I posted 21 at least. Maybe not all Dinwiddie fans feel as I do but if the game is within 14 in the 4th I’d be surprised but again that is me not anyone else. I know how good the generals are and believe they are the team to beat in 4a (the team that beat smith 2 weeks ago has my radar up). I don’t care you avg 50 a game blah blah blah your schedule is weak period. Dinwiddie is constantly trying to strengthen their ODS ( Smithfield, Salem, Hanover, Monacan) your telling me over the last couple of cycles y’all couldn’t find a team with a winning record to play maybe a team that usually makes the playoffs. Dinwiddie has avg (without the exact math) 40-50 a game for the last 10 yrs. Oh and their defense has been one of the best in 4a (top 5-10) for the last 5 yrs. So as the new kids on the block you have to prove your ready to be the man. It’s the same things we heard on here in 2013 but unlike those 757 teams that talked the talk the COUNTRY BOYS are ready.
Sounds like another shauntclair on here

Every team on EV's ODS was in the playoffs last year and had a winning record...except for Culpeper who they will HAVE to play every year. Culpeper has been in the playoffs the last few years but not a winning record. It's always a crap-shoot with ODS. Heck, until 3 years ago, Monacan was not on any ones radar. The last couple years EV had Chancellor and Sherando on their ODS. You can only play the teams that say yes.

Reactions: OCBoy
He

Sounds like another shauntclair on here
Don’t know who that is but I have been around the Dinwiddie program for years. I’m proud to have such a program to be contenders yr in and yr out. I like to bang the drum a little louder than others usually around this time of yr.

Don’t know who that is but I have been around the Dinwiddie program for years. I’m proud to have such a program to be contenders yr in and yr out. I like to bang the drum a little louder than others usually around this time of yr.
Shauntclair? Maybe...

Al Bundy? Absolutely! That letterman's jacket still fit? :rolleyes:

First off, this thread keeps going in circles, the same arguments keep coming up lol
Yes Ev's schedule is weak but it is not their fault. The battlefield was at a all time low. They did and still are trying to get better teams to play out of district games like Louisa, sherando, and Liberty but no one wants to play. So this argument is pretty irrelevant.
One interesting stat is I think Ev only has one playoff road win back in 2010 when they beat Powhatan.
I think Dinwiddie will have the most success passing down the field rather than running against EV. On offense EV is gonna come out andgo straight to smash mouth football and if Diniwiddie stops the run first and then contains Hunter then they will be in good position.
Last thing Ev as a team is good at taking the first blow and then go on the attack later in the game.

Reactions: mbonape1
I said if Dinwiddie wins it will be by a big margin if EV wins it will be a close margin

One interesting stat is I think Ev only has one playoff road win back in 2010 when they beat Powhatan.

Wasn’t that the year they had already turned in all of their equipment at the beginning of the week, then something happened with Courtland that put EV back in the playoffs?

Now that all the talk is over and the game is less than 24 hours away I wanted to close my comments withbthe following:

May God bless each EV fan on their way to and from the game. I hope you enjoy your experience in Dinwiddie County (not too much). I look forward to chatting with you guys if you get a chance to drop by the press box.

No matter the victor we have plenty to be thankful for. May we all continue to be good sports. Good luck and again please drive careful.

Last edited:
Wasn’t that the year they had already turned in all of their equipment at the beginning of the week, then something happened with Courtland that put EV back in the playoffs?
Lafayette forfeit so it put EV in

Reactions: gwb16
Marshall-Dillon I am very impressed you can type that long on a smartphone sitting in a tree stand. True talent!!

If Pope plays offense, EV will take their best concer (Spangler) and lock him up one on one. They have historically done this against two D1 receivers last year and he held them in check. Thus, I think that’s a total wash.

Dinwiddie is definitely the favorite. I think if EV can keep it close and take care of the ball for the first quarter and a half. I think then it’s an even ballgame. But not as easy done as said, is getting EV acclimated to the environment, the speed, and the nerves. You have a young QB, a young RB, and a couple other young kids that will have to take in the moment real quick. Again if they can survive a few blows at the beginning, Game On!

I have seen every EV play this year and have watch a lot of film on Dinwiddie. If you like a lot of plays and a fast pace, with a lot of fast guys you better get to Dinwiddie tomorrow night.

Come on guys! Five pages of posts this week with 180 posts and a lot of butt hurt feelings and no one in here has posted the following this beautiful Friday morning........

GAME DAY BOYS!!!!!!!

Reactions: gwb16 and OCBoy
Come on guys! Five pages of posts this week with 180 posts and a lot of butt hurt feelings and no one in here has posted the following this beautiful Friday morning........

GAME DAY BOYS!!!!!!!

I actually think this thread did really well. No name calling or derogatory posts. I believe everyone is ready to watch the game. I’ll be there with bells on.

Reactions: OCBoy and 1Gensfan
Qbscott12, It is game day and I can honestly say I didnt sleep much. This is generally a good sign, because history tells me this is going to be a great game between two good programs.

To quote boxing referee, Mills Lane "Lets get it on"!

Last edited:
Reactions: gwb16 and OCBoy
Ok maybe one post.. most (I will give it 87.3%) of the comments have been great, I'm not sure most of us get in our feelings like it appears. The written word is always misunderstood when read with a filtered ear. When I'm writing, I'm just smiling and laughing. This is really no different than rooting for your professional team, we all want them to do well because somehow that makes us feel good :rolleyes: Man what a weekend this would have been if they moved some of these games so you could go to several of them. I'm guessing a few road warriors would hit at least 2 maybe 3.

I will know by around 5:45pm what kind of people BleedingNavy and DinwiddieProud are when I'm feasting on the grub they recommended. There's a lot riding on that ;)

How much school work got done this week :D:D

Reactions: OCBoy and 1Gensfan
I am guessing a lot of kids from EV and Dinwiddie were in the coaches offices this week during school studying a different type of video curriculum (aka. Hudl).

Even though these two teams haven’t faced one another, and knowing Coach Hatfield and assuming it’s true with Dinwiddie coach, they probably my know each other pretty well by now.

Just a thought. Maybe these two ADs should talk tonight about getting on each other’s schedule for two years. With this much state wide interest in these two teams I think it would be a good thing for high school football and I am sure the ADs would love the gate draw these two teams would create.

I am guessing a lot of kids from EV and Dinwiddie were in the coaches offices this week during school studying a different type of video curriculum (aka. Hudl).

Even though these two teams haven’t faced one another, and knowing Coach Hatfield and assuming it’s true with Dinwiddie coach, they probably my know each other pretty well by now.

Just a thought. Maybe these two ADs should talk tonight about getting on each other’s schedule for two years. With this much state wide interest in these two teams I think it would be a good thing for high school football and I am sure the ADs would love the gate draw these two teams would create.
Won't be next year....everyone should be in the middle of a 2 year cycle right now. And with the VHSL, they may change the whole thing again after next year. EV would have 4 out-of-district games to fill. One will always be Culpeper. Probably hard to get the suits to approve a game 2-3 hours away by bus.

Won't be next year....everyone should be in the middle of a 2 year cycle right now. And with the VHSL, they may change the whole thing again after next year. EV would have 4 out-of-district games to fill. One will always be Culpeper. Probably hard to get the suits to approve a game 2-3 hours away by bus.
I don't have inside info but I haven't heard anything about changes in the wind (and the last 4 years there was always talk of changing again).

Not sure why there is such a hard time getting football to travel. Other sports travel. Honestly I think it's because AD's are expected to go to the games and they don't want to drive that far. Not all but a lot of cases. I get not wanting every road game to be a marathon trip but 1 every other year? C'mon.

Playing EV would be a fun series and traveling is not an issue for Dinwiddie; however, I would think playing teams outside of our region would be a wiser move.

Most coaches don't enjoy possibly knocking heads with teams twice a year. Region A and C offers many options for both teams.

Playing EV would be a fun series and traveling is not an issue for Dinwiddie; however, I would think playing teams outside of our region would be a wiser move.

Most coaches don't enjoy possibly knocking heads with teams twice a year. Region A and C offers many options for both teams.
Fair point, but they don't seem to want to do that either. Dinwiddie you guys actually have a decent in district schedule against high level teams. I don't get teams that don't play "up" OOD. Again, if you travel, just once a year or even every other year, you will get better.

Fair point, but they don't seem to want to do that either. Dinwiddie you guys actually have a decent in district schedule against high level teams. I don't get teams that don't play "up" OOD. Again, if you travel, just once a year or even every other year, you will get better.
You have to lock in your schedule for a 2 year period (from what I understand anyway).

You do have to lock in for 2 yrs. The killer is being a outstanding 4a school not many big boys will take a chance playing down. In yrs past Dinwiddie has played Varina, Highland Springs and I may be forgetting 1-2 but either way with today’s rules they would not benefit playing us. Losing to a smaller school really hurts the big boys points which out weighs the win. I believe that’s why you have seen the ODD be 4a teams recently ( Salem, Hanover, Smithfield, Denbigh, Caroline those 2 were bad but still 4a).

It hurts the bigger schools less.
For example if a 4 plays down they will receive points that brings that game up to just like they played another 4. However That game doesn't allow them to play a 5 or 6 so they are losing the opportunity for more points. If a 6 schedules anyone they get the same number of points. They should actually be beating down doors of decent 4's and 5's. Should be able to beat them and the Power Points from those good schools are the same as if you beat a Class 6.

EV might not have to play as perfect of a game as many might think... They have raw talent across the board. While the team may not be as heavily recruited as Dinwiddie, it's not due to the lack of talent. D'ago Hunter is a D1 talent, just a bit on the small side, and Spangler has shown time and time again that he can line up against D1 commits and shut them down. This also happens to be one of the deepest teams EV has ever fielded. In past years, depth has always been an issue (The 2015 team being a prime example losing to Chancellor and Sherando while having several starters hurt) but this team has guys that are able to fill in at any time without a decrease in productivity. Dinwiddie is going to have to be prepared to play a complete game, because i know that EV is going to be as fresh as they were at the start of the game in the 4th quarter. Even if they get down early, Hatfield will make the neccesary adjustments, and keep EV within reach. That being said, I think EV is going to come out of this game tonight with a win 35-28.

EV might not have to play as perfect of a game as many might think... They have raw talent across the board. While the team may not be as heavily recruited as Dinwiddie, it's not due to the lack of talent. D'ago Hunter is a D1 talent, just a bit on the small side, and Spangler has shown time and time again that he can line up against D1 commits and shut them down. This also happens to be one of the deepest teams EV has ever fielded. In past years, depth has always been an issue (The 2015 team being a prime example losing to Chancellor and Sherando while having several starters hurt) but this team has guys that are able to fill in at any time without a decrease in productivity. Dinwiddie is going to have to be prepared to play a complete game, because i know that EV is going to be as fresh as they were at the start of the game in the 4th quarter. Even if they get down early, Hatfield will make the neccesary adjustments, and keep EV within reach. That being said, I think EV is going to come out of this game tonight with a win 35-28.
A newbie joining the fray on game-day to stir the pot. What took you so long??

Welcome to the board! Dinwiddie is always prepared to play a full game as they have faced some good teams. Best of luck tonight and safe travels to all!

Reactions: FeelTheWind
I have gotten zero work done today thinking about this game. So I might as well post some more! Lol. Another hour or so, warm up the bus honey we are headed south!!!

After reading all 200 posts and being a complete homer my final prediction. EV 28. Dinwiddie 24.

Reactions: CHUKNOW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT